Guess what everybody?

Discussion in 'Community' started by beez7777, Jan 19, 2003.

1. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

The greatest site in the world, www.Spymac.com, is down AGAIN! And this is just a few days after it was put back up, after a two week "rennovation" that didnt really change anything.Sorry if some of you dont care, but i just thought this was pretty funny. :) :)

EDIT: sorry bout the big picture, forgot to size it down before posting.

Attached Files:

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

It seems amazing to me that a Mac rumor site could post very few rumors leading up to a MW expo and then be down for the day of the expo and the next few weeks. Bad, bad move.

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Actually, Spymac considers itself a Community site and has been moving away from the rumor-focus for some time now.

arn

4. Ryan Heid macrumors newbie

5. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

A Mac site/forums which gained notoriaty by a series of fake movies claiming to demonstrate an Apple handheld -- called the iWalk.

The iWalk turned out to be fake, but Spymac gained a lot of press/popularity from it.

It's still not clear to me if they intentionally did it or were given them my some other source.

If you do a google search on iWalk, you'll find info on it.

arn

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

beez7777, how were you able to post such a large image? I've tried to post some images, but get the message that it's too large. One I tried to post an image then later someone else was able post, confusing.

7. beez7777 thread starter macrumors 6502a

beez7777

hmm, well i used Snatcher, which is an app like Grab, only it captures the images in JPEG format, that may be the reason. i think Grab captures TIFFs, which may be bigger. Maybe someone who knows more about pictures can help.

8. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I think you ran into a file-size limit (in Kilobytes) rather than a resolution limit.

There is no resolution limit... but there is (approx) a 100k limit.

arn

9. MontanaMacster macrumors regular

Large pictures

For the most part its memory size not dimension size that limits you.

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I noticed spymac being down again... I hope they star to function
    normally soon. I'm sure they will be.

11. dricci macrumors 6502a

I wish they'd just go away :rolleyes: They make the decent rumor sites look bad! :p

Same goes for MacOSRumors... _how_ are they still around? They haven't got *anything* right in some time. :eek:

12. King Cobra macrumors 603

I used to check out MacOSRumors for many months, until they made endless promises to update every so often. I decided to give OSRumors the big leather boot.

Don't get me started with SpyMac. There are people there, which make me so sick to think about them, I can't even bother typing the link.

[off-topic]Oh, and if you consider the desktop pics there pretty cool, check out these sites:
    http://www.xanthic.net/
    http://www.deviantart.com
    [/off-topic]

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Is Grab or Snatcher an available program used to get a image off the web. Where is it available?

14. King Cobra macrumors 603

Snatcher (in Alpha 10)

Grab should be in your utilities folder.

Of course, you should be able to use Apple -- Shift -- 3 to capture the whole screen.

Or you could use your control -- click "Save as" method from the browser. I know that particular method is quite popular nowadays. :p