Guess what I pulled out of the drier this morning...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by i_am_a_cow, Mar 26, 2004.

1. i_am_a_cow macrumors regular

Guess what I just found in the drier this morning?

my ipod headphones!!!!:( :( :( n o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o ...

This sucks :(

Anyone have any ideas on what to do next?

2. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

OMG how could you :p

Mind you, the amount of money which has gone through my washing machine! Tut tut tut, we'll just have to be more careful in the future!

What to do next? As this is my 100th Post and I think I finally become a MacRumors regular (I do come here all the time as the internet has suddenly turned boring... i'll leave that to another post), I want to reply with something inspirational, excentric and hopefully useful...

nah.. stumped sorry! Buy some more?

3. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

don't spam

it sounds like they don't work so your probably gonna have to get new phones .... go shop around and search the forums for peoples recommendations ...

5. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

My first thought was: iPod Mini. Man, you're lucky it's only the headphones :).

6. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

same here..... oh geez. that woulda sucked

i'm sorry man, but if they dont' work, you're out some more $$ to get them replaced.

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I agree with crenz. You are very lucky that it wasn't my first thought when I began your post, an iPod. I will be interest to hear what happens when you first try your headphones.

8. claytonbench macrumors member

I have had many things go thru the dryer such as: USB Flash Disk - Broke open but still works fine, Credit cards, wallet, money. I need to be more careful! Do the headphones still work?

9. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I thought that too - though last year I did manage to put my mobile phone through the wash. It was in the pocket of my jeans and I decided to throw them through the wash forgetting the phone was in there.

Remembered halfway through the cycle when I went to find a number and couldn't find the phone. And no, it didn't work when it came out - lovely and clean though.

if you're going to try the headphones make sure they're totally dried out (for a couple of days) first but think you're going to have to find new ones.

Question - why were the phones in your pocket in any case without the iPod?

10. Coca-Cola macrumors 6502

My wife's iPond.

Hello, I have a horror story. Not to one up your tragic ipod headphones/dryer story, but here is my wife's story about her iPod. She dropped it once, it stopped working. She dropped it again. It works again. She dropped it into a duck pond. She pulled it out. Let the water drain, it still works. That is all the detail I have for now. Here iPod is in working order. Wow. Her friends can't believe the thing still works.

11. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I was going to guess you found a lifetimes worth of lost socks...

and none of them matched. :(

12. mrviga macrumors member

If youwant to buy a new pair of headphones, I highly recommend the Bang and Olufsen A3 earphones. They are great, and they are only $160, compared to BOSE headphones, which start at $150. BTW, the Bang and Olufsen phones carry a great warrenty, and you can do pretty much anything to them and they will take them back and replace them. I yanked the cord out of mine once accedintally while jogging, and they replaced them no questions asked.

my ipod headphones!!!!:( :( :( n o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o ...

This sucks :(

Anyone have any ideas on what to do next?[/QUOTE]

13. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

really?? i was thinking powerbook g5. i thought he found a brand-new, unreleased product somewhere inside his jacket...
    oh well...

reality
    :p

14. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Goes and checks his drier........................................................................................................ Darn, no PB G5 or updated PM's either. Oh well. Maybe next time I check!

I thought of an iPod Mini mainly because the Apple rep at compusa told me to ALWAYS CHECK MY PANTS before washing them, because he knew somone would end up washing the new Mini's. Glad to hear its only headphones. If that's anything to be glad about.

15. drjekyl macrumors newbie

What to do?

call apple and let them know that they don't work anymore. Nothing more than that.

16. cmx08 macrumors regular

lucky

after the t616 came out for a week i bought it and after a month or using it I one day found it in the washer ..........-_-" 500$ gone and a contract to fill, worst christmas ever since i was on bed all holiday, not screwing but sick =(

17. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Sounds like a good excuse to buy those nice Bose noise-cancelling headphones to me....

18. Danrose1977 macrumors regular

Danrose1977

Have you tried just drying them out or are they totally mashed up?

19. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Ah...another Bang & Olufsen fan. :)

So, er, Cow...we're all wating with baited breath...do they still work or not?