guick g4 question...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jouerausoccer, Aug 24, 2004.

1. jouerausoccer macrumors newbie

Hi All... I just got a new powerbook G4 and I am trying to figure out how to make a copy of a cd. Is this possible on this computer?

Many thanks

2. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

short answer: yes. long answer: yeah, but im not exactly sure how. you could use itunes to make a playlist of all the songs (by importing them all into the library and then dragging them all on to a playlist) then burning the list to a cd, or you could use some software like jam to copy it. or i would imagine theres some software bundled with the 'book, or with osx that could do it. you might want to check the user's manual or use the online help. also, if you have a really old tibook with just cdrom you cant do it. sorry i cant be of more help

3. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

In Disk Utility click "new image", name it, and select your CD. When the image is finished insert a CD-R. When Finder asks what you want to do with it tell it "ignore". Then select your image in Disk Utility and click "burn".

If it's a music CD you could also import it to iTunes as aiff and burn it back to CD-R.

4. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

to copy a cd:

1. insert cd.

2. if audio, itunes opens automatically. select import, wait.

if data, open cd, drag data to folder on hd, wait.

3. eject cd. insert blank cd.

4. if audio, create new playlist in itunes, drag songs onto the playlist, click burn icon, wait.

if data, find said data, drag onto cd, right (command) click cd, select burn, wait.

5. enjoy cd.