Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I just had the pleasure of upgrading the Mediawiki to 1.7.1. Mostly for bug fixes. I would have gone all the way to 1.8.x if I could have... but the upgrade path from 1.5 -> 1.8 wasn't clear... so I played it safe.

I think most things work... though the "Newest Pages" list on the front page apparently does not.

Let me know if there's any big issues.

arn

HexMonkey

Administrator emeritus
Feb 5, 2004
New Zealand
Thanks arn, some of the changes look quite useful.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have fixed the template problem we were having with the Buyer's Guides, and in fact it's made it worse. Previously we only had problems if we used more than one Buyer's Guide template on a single page, but could work around this by embedding the buyersguide tags directly in the page (and not use the templates). Now the workaround has stopped working as well. See iPod Buyer's Guide for an example (which uses the workaround and displayed correctly prior to the update).

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
think that's fixed now. for some pages, you might need to edit/save for the wiki to rerender it.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.