Guild Idea

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sonar, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Sonar macrumors newbie

ATTENTION ANYONE that plays Diablo II, Warcraft III, or Starcraft on a mac. I just thought that for each game we could have a Macrumors guild, or mac guild anyway. Just so all the mac people can kick window's peoples butts. If ur interested or have any other ideas, post up. :) :D ;)

2. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

i play diablo II and war3... but the thing is... do we have to remake our characters? cuz i have a level 68 necro on US West and a level 64 Pally on US East.

3. Sonar thread starter macrumors newbie

You wouldnt have to... but when more people come u can and then the guild will take turns rushing members. and i only have us east for diablo... we can have different ones for different realms.

4. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Sounds cool, my bro has a level 74 zon and I'm sure he'd like to join. I'm working on my barb right now (level 34) and we're both on US West I believe. Post here with more info.

5. couch potato macrumors regular

well i play starcraft....although i could use some practice

6. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

so if we make a clan/guild/crew for Diablo2 and say one of our members has an item another member needs... will he give it to the person who needs it for free or will there be a price?

7. suneun macrumors member

(re: giving item to another guild member)

I'd say it depends how much the item's worth to the original person. If it's a weapon they were going to sell for cash, should just give the item to the guild member. After all, money's easy enough to come by. If it's a useful item but not one they needed, the two could trade. A fair trade, depending on what the second person can get (like gems or runes).

If it's something the first person might actually want, then they should feel free to ask for a worthwhile trade.

8. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

If anyone's got time we should probably create a site for the guild on a free webserver (or anywhere) just to set the groundworks because as far as I know all we have is this thread (and no offense, but that's not much).

9. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Sounds good, I've got a level 90 pally, 82 sorc, and some midlevel chars all on US East, I'd be down for a macrumors guild...I'm not sure about just a "mac" guild though....with a macrumors guild we'd at least (in theory) have some idea what kind of people we'd be dealing with

10. Sonar thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright so it seems like we are going to do a diablo 2 guild. What realms are everyone in, anyway? and about guild cooperation. I think that if someone needs an item and the other person doesnt need it. Then the can give for free, but if they need it then there should be a trade. Also if we want to decide on one realm, we can always rush the people up to a good lvl. If anyone has any good free web servers that have forums and different lvl users, then give me an email or a post here. And i agree i think that the Mac Rumors guild would be better. So what should the prefix be... MR-<account> or MacR-<account> well any other ideas, just post em'.

11. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

well i dont know what realm we should be in... for me i'd say US Easy cuz it disconnects less than us west. if u ever want to talk online ... my account on diablo is SSJxTRNKS

12. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

US East sounds like a good plan, my account there is ...surprise, surprise, tpjunkie

13. Sonar thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds great. I am on that too. If anyone has any ideas for a website &/or meetings, then post it up.

14. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

well, until someone does that, when you log into battle.net try joining channel "mac rumors" we can make that our channel to set up games, although until we get a lot of members it probably won't be good for much :rolleyes: