Guild Wars in CrossOver...

Discussion in 'Games' started by rainmanbk, Oct 31, 2006.

1. rainmanbk macrumors 6502

Jan 30, 2006
    Southington, CT
    Anyone get it working? I get a black screen with the updated progress window staying in focus at 100%. It says Loading but does nothing. I know CrossOver is probably not up to it yet, but was wondering if anyone has anything I can try to get it working. Display settings and everything should be on default so if it could work, it seems like it would. But since there's no error, I can't figure out what's wrong. Someone else, if you've installed it. Tell me if you're seeing what I'm seeing.
  2. LordUn macrumors newbie

Sep 27, 2006

Hi Rainman,

sorry to report, but i have the same issues with GW under CrossOver. It seems eratic and often I thnk its graphics related. You need to be able to get into it to reduce the graphics calls, I think.

I got the Prey Demo running sweet, but it freezes and hangs the comp at random times when its got to load some new higher end graphics, so im thinking the same is happening with regards to the GW - that water in the start, perhaps?

Get back to me if you can come up with anything.... If I knew alot more, I would consider beign an advocate for crossover...