Guild Wars

Discussion in 'Games' started by wrxguy, Jul 9, 2005.

1. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

Has anyone heard of a mac release of "guild wars"?? its similar to WoW but its FREE!!! no more 15 bucks a month~!~!

2. haiggy macrumors 65816

Yeah, I've heard of it for the PC and its really good supposedly. There is no Mac version of it........ yet? Oh well.... I'll stick to WC3 for now.

3. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Cloudgazer

Any news of thsi game making it to mac?

Or am i gonna have to fork out for an intel-mac with boot camp just to play?

4. DougTheImpaler macrumors 6502a

Guild Wars is actually pretty good. I bought it and took a couple characters to max level, then went to WoW. Both have their strong points.

5. Quantum Man macrumors member

I played Guild Wars when it came out and for several months afterward. I had 4 characters, 2 max level and 2 near max. It was a lot of fun yes, and had some good content considering it was free/no monthly fee. Recently I started playing WoW. To me there is a huge difference in the overall quality of the games. There is so much more depth and content in WoW. Also there is deeper character customization and a better implemented economy. I'd give WoW 10/10 and GW 6/10.

6. cubist macrumors 68020

But WoW's beautiful graphics and fun gameplay are overshadowed by its terrible server availability. Tuesday's completely shot nearly every week - that's 14% downtime right there. I'm extremely unhappy with it. To me, WoW could never achieve more than 7/10 because of repeated and lengthy outages.

Is Guild Wars that bad? How will they maintain a good infrastructure for the long term on just the initial purchase price?