Guitar Hero for Wii!

Discussion in 'Games' started by cyclone84, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

Perhaps we'll see some varied multiplayer where one player plays guitar and the other plays drums via the wii-mote and nunchuck?

That would be awesome!

2. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

With this news, alongside Manhunt 2, it has been a very interesting week for the Wii. Seems like Nintendo is finally doing something right that's attracting third-parties.

3. weldon macrumors 6502a

weldon

4. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

This is great news, for us and Nintendo. Nintendo, attracting more third-parties, and us, getting more great games. Well, maybe not Shrek etc. but Guitar Hero.

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

As long as the songs avialable aren't Disney tunes and Children's nursery ryhmes...

6. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

The fact that man-hunt 2 is coming out hopefully bodes well for Rockstar support on Wii. They are really important to bring in the teen crowd and get rid of the Nintendo kiddy image.

7. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

C C G G C C A G G F F EEEDC G G F E E D G G F E E D, repeat......

At least I think that's a familiar tune if you play it on the piano, had to do it from memory and the only piano at home is a toy one of my daughters... just keep the bold ones in the next octave....

8. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I wonder if the guitar hero controller will be wireless for the Wii. I know that the 360 (at least initially) won't be wireless because microsoft won't releases their proprietary frequency. But the Wii just uses Bluetooth, so it should be pretty simple to implement.

9. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

10. mkaake macrumors 65816

11. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Wow, only 2 of the comments to that are actually comments about the article.

Also: WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! One less reason to get a 360! But I don't think Forza 2 is going to be on the Wii... ;)

12. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Do you get massive bonus points if you do the swing the guitar around in a circle and smash it on the stage maneuver? Gotta figure anyone who does that would need a new guitar, thus lining the pockets of Activision even more... they should at least reward such players in the game....:)

13. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I agree!

I'm sure they could do it. It's a cool game by itself, but adding drums with the wiimotes would definitely convince me to buy it. :)

14. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

This is awesome news! I cannot wait to see how this turns out, i love playing Guitar Hero on my friend's PS2, i previously could not own it because i'm a Ninty only fellow :eek: