Guitar Hero II for Xbox 360!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tommyg117, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

2. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

I really hope that is true. And if it comes out at the same time as the PS2 version, I'd be even happier. Downloadable content would be perfect for a game like Guitar Hero.

3. Tommyg117 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

agreed, I hate to say it, but I would definitely buy the microtransactions from this game. New songs? Oh man, this would rock, LITERALLY

4. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I never played this on the PS2 b/c I had already given my PS2 away when this came out....but I was interested in it. I'll probably pick this up when it comes to the 360.

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Pff. Once they make Trombone Hero or Euphonium Hero (or just put Tuba in there too and call it Low Brass Hero), THEN I will be interested. :p :D

6. noelister macrumors 6502

I have been really looking at this game for PS2 ever since I played a bit at Best buy. This will be on the buy list once I get my X360 back

7. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Gamers and non gamers alike seem to cling to this game. IMO the Guitar Hero series would be great for the 360 with it's downloadable content (I'm pretty sure the argument agrees with me). I'm not sure if I would pick this game up right away considering I will be spending mas money on video games (Wii, Twilight Princess, Gears of War, Assassin's Creed -- That comes out much later though, fortunate for me and my wallet)

I could definitely breaking down and buying this game because it's one of the games that are both fun to play and watch.

8. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

will i be able to use the 360's guitar with the PS2, thats what i want to know?
    i have GH1 for PS2, and i like the 360s guitar, i just dont want to have to get ANOTHER guitar for either. PS2 has USB, it could work!

9. noelister macrumors 6502

I doubt that it will work... I am hoping that the guitar controller for the X360 is Wireless with the option to plug in a play n' charge cable. No permanent cable please.

10. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

What about Accordion Hero?

11. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

My roommate had this for PS2 and it was incredible, the most fun I have ever had with a game. We got pretty good (I only missed getting the last two songs on expert setting to complete the game), and the best part was going to a game store where they had it set up and showing up the people who were trying to play it.

I really look forward to being able to practice certain sections of songs because it would piss me off when I get 90% done a song but would fail the end. Being able to practice the hard parts will really make this feel even more like learning an instrument.

Another thing I look forward to is the duet sort of thing, where one person can be the lead guitar and another can do the base.

12. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Okay, I'm very interested in this development!

13. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

we just got preorder boxes for GH2 at my work. It comes with a Guitar Hero 2 t-shirt as well.

14. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I was just looking at the XBox 360 guitar and it looks like it also has the Xbox guide button and the 4 quadraint to tell which player you are. I really hope they can make these wireless to really let us act like rockstars.

15. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Guitar Hero is so good.

But I wanna punch Pantera in the teeth for subjecting me to Cowboys from Hell on expert.

16. quikssurfer macrumors member

quikssurfer

hope this is official. i would definitely pick this up. love the guitar model!!

17. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

mmmmm...downloadable tracks.

I already have two guitars for the PS2 Guitar Hero. I play with my 5 year old son, who routinely hits 75-80% on easy, and around 55-60% on medium difficulty.
    If this does come out for the 360, I guess I'll addd two more 'Gibson' guitars to my stable. But when oh when will there be a real leftie guitar released? Especially with that 360 design, I can see even more problems accidentally pausing the game while furiously strumming in leftie mode.

18. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

What did the accordion player find when he parked his car in the rough part of town with his accordion sitting on the back seat?

The window smashed and another accordion. :p

Being a brass player (those bastard horns don't count. Real brass players use their right hand. :p), I'm much better with the fingers on my right hand than on my left. So yesterday at Best Buy, I figure I'll try playing lefty. It didn't work so well, as the screen was still set up for righty. :eek:

19. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

See, I always heard that as a viola joke.

Q: What do you do with a dead violist?
    A: Move him back a stand!

20. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Has anyone heard if the songs from Guitar Hero I will be available to download for the 360? Some of those songs are my favorites and I would like to be able to play them again on my 360.

21. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

You'll have to get the wireless 360 guitar (Gibson X-Plorer):

[​IMG]