Guitar Hero vs PS3

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lunaprk, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Lunaprk macrumors newbie

I would like to buy Guitar Hero. I also plan on getting PS3 sometime in the next year. I'll be giving my old PS2 to my parents.

Since the controllers on PS3 are wireless/ USB, will I be able to use the Guitar Controller on the new console? I'm somewhat current on the specs of PS3 but I've not read anything that addresses this, any thoughts?

Marlon

2. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I don't think the PS3 has standard PS2 controller ports (as the Wii does GC ports)... so chances are no, you'll probably have to get a PS3 guitar.

Guitar Hero 2 should be going to PS3 (as well as 360), so that could be a solution for you... although more costly.

3. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Any news on Guitar Hero 2 release dates for either PS3 or 360? I got the demo in this months OPM for PS2 and love it. I really want to get it for ps2 just to play it, but I REALLY want to get it for 360 so I can get the downloadable content. ARGH, I don't want to have to wait that much longer for the 360 version though.

4. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Just "Q1 2007"

5. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Darn, cause november 7th is my birthday, that would have been a great present red octane.