Gutting of a G5 --> PC was a Hoax!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by ebow, Jan 30, 2004.

1. ebow macrumors 6502a

Apr 30, 2001
    Trapped in a world before later on
    I just saw a link to this over at MacSlash. Apparently the story at OverClocker's about the guy who gutted a G5 and replaced the insides with PC hardware :eek: was just a practical joke. Phew! Check it out:

(Sorry is this is already being discussed at the end of some long thread... I figure it deserves a new thread.)
  2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Re: Gutting of a G5 --> PC was a Hoax!

Yes & Yes...

But it doesn't deserve a Second, third, fourth, etc. new thread.

ie, it's already been posted in a new thread.
  3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    One question though how the heck did his buddy just happen to have a empty G5 shell and where would you get one even if you could? i doubt Apple would just have those laying around?
  4. ebow thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apr 30, 2001
    Trapped in a world before later on
    Re: Re: Gutting of a G5 --> PC was a Hoax!

Sorry if this (the fact that the original article was a joke) has truly been covered in its own new thread, but I'm just not seeing it... anywhere. I even searched (of course searching for two key words here, "PC" and "G5," does no good w/ the current search engine).

edit: well I do see it in the MacBytes forum, but that should hardly count, as it's more a forum for a whole "other" site.
  5. jeff.macaddict macrumors regular

Nov 17, 2003
    that guy is a freak. He shouldn't be allowed near any good computer again! Put him in a room with padded walls, and a few windoze peecees, you know, the ones that go to the BSOD.
  6. Independence macrumors regular

Jan 14, 2003
    United States
    Define "good computer."
  7. Spock macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2002
    I am thinking about putting a PC ina B&W case I have a B7W with a messed up Mother Board and can't afford to pay $159 for an outdated mother board BUT I have a lot of other Macs and hate to do it BUT I need to use a PC so why not use it in style? Unless some one can hook me up with a cheap Mother Board for a B&W
  8. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam spam.

How much spam can the spam man eat before he turns back in to Spam?

It was a hoax.

Or not.

Or the guy didn't want attention.

we have several thread on it.

MacBytes should be the offical thread because It was there first... and IT IS A PART OF MAC Rumors Forums.

It does count.
  9. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    What a crazy story. At least he had something positive to say in his story, " I have NEVER seen a finer made case." He should think about going into journalism! :p