Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farqueue

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
Hello, just wondering any NZers out here who have got upgrades for their ram? If so where? I aint paying NZ$600 for a 2gb upgrade.

Btw, if anyone in the US can buy me a G.skill ram that would be greatly appreciated - i'll send via paypal?

and.... how do i do a backup of my 1.83macbook before i send it in for a repair?the cpu whine (not moo) is really pissing me off and i have to use QUIETMBP everytime and its sucking my battery like mad.

dops7107

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2005
Perth, Oztrailya
I thought NZ was full of rams? :p

Sorry, I can't help you with RAM (it's no cheaper here in the UK). But backing up your hard drive - I see from your sig that you have oodles of external HD space. Just use disk utility to make a disk image of your MBP hard drive, and copy that over to your external drive. I would also make one of your external drives bootable so you can get into OSX and restore an internal drive more easily. Also consider just making a plain copy of all your files, music, photos etc . because if the worse should happen and you lose your data, it might just be more convenient to have the files "as-is" rather than wrapped up in one huge disc image.

Cocobolo

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2006
St. Paul, MN
I can help.

You're a kiwi, huh? Well, I made a vow a few years ago that I would always help a kiwi in need (especially if he has big hairy feet and lives in Matamata). Do you know from which site you'd like to get your RAM? I'll be getting some RAM myself within the next few days (I don't exactly know from where yet), so I can just piggyback it with my order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.