Guy Kawasaki comments on the MacBook Air, his iMac

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Feb 18, 2008.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

3. macrumors 68000

robanga

Guy uses the MBA and MBP as a satellite to his iMac. No real profound information there :) He also seems to kind of miss the optical drive while on the road but seems to love it overall.

My wife loves her MBA. To those missing the optical drive, I often think...What were you going to use it for? None the less nice to see his comments.

I met Guy a few times, as he was a consultant for the company where I worked. Very energetic and interesting person.

4. macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

And a good talker, especially about whatever is his latest venture. I've met Guy several times, and even interviewed him once myself for an article. He gave me about an hour of his time, and even bought breakfast. That's why I was surprised that "Macsimum News" gets two sentences out of him and calls it an "interview."

5. macrumors regular

I am sure Guy said much more, but I have not been impressed historically with Macsimum's interviews. It also possible a chance meeting was redefined as an "interview".

6. macrumors member

"Recently, Macsimum News interviewed Guy Kawasaki, the original Apple evangelist and a true entrepreneur, about the new Alltop web site (see separate story). We also asked him on his thoughts on the new MacBook Air and his favorite Macs."

The interview was for something other than about his computers. That was just a side question.

7. macrumors 603

shadowfax

I wonder why he misses the Ethernet port? I haven't used mine in ages. The few times I do I would be happy to plug it in the USB port.

I also find his comment about how he thinks skipping the internal optical drive is a mistake, but he cares more about battery life than thinness, to be puzzling. Seems like an optical drive just takes up more power, and that if you want more out of your laptop and don't care about thinness, the MacBook is the best option--maybe with a spare battery, heh.

8. macrumors regular

I use the wireless on my MBA 90% of the time, except when I am in a boardroom where every seat has an Ethernet jack and a power outlet. For these times I just whip out my tiny Ethernet dongle and am in business. I don't miss the lack of ports at all.

9. macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Yes, but notice that this "interview" isn't much longer or in greater depth than his comments on the MBA.

10. macrumors regular

11. macrumors 603

shadowfax

He sounds borderline manic depressive, lol. I dunno what to think, but his final configuration is the one I want: a home iMac shared with my wife, and a MacBook Air for every-day stuff--leisurely browsing at home in places other than the desk, and during whatever travels I/we have.

12. macrumors regular

After seeing Guy speak, I'm surprised he can say anything in just a paragraph. :)

13. macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Well that's just the thing. The man is a talker. One of the easiest interviews I've ever done.

14. macrumors newbie

Well Said! I concur.