Gymnastical stuff

Discussion in 'Community' started by scem0, Sep 29, 2002.

1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Gymnastical is a word - I promise [​IMG]. I was just wondering If I am the only one here who likes to develop their gymnastical skills. Today I started to teach myself how do do a butterfly kick on the ground, but I ended up teaching myself a back full :eek: . I had never done one on the ground so that was exciting. Does anyone actually take gymnastics? I did when I was about 5, but I quit because it was too ez. I have sort of taught myself on and off since then. I plan to learn all the wushu tricks. Such as a twisting arial, 720 hook kick, and others. Check some of them out here

(http://www.geocities.com/uowushu/collegiate_gallery.html)

2. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

I am the only talented person here!!!!!
    (note the sarcasm) :D

Well, I guess I shouldn't expect gymnasts in computer forums.... its understandable

3. diorio macrumors 6502a

Nah, I run crosscountry, 17:54 for a 5k, but keep it up, it's supposed to be good for you.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

When I was younger, my brother and I practiced at the gym a run up to a wall jump and flip backwards.

We also use to be a scourge at the Y in the summer at the diving board, inverse flip with a can opener as a finish.....ah, youth :D

I couldn't do that now, at 6' 2" its a little tough for the acrobatics. Nice time on the 5k diorio. I got under 20 minutes myself this year, but need to work on getting it a little lower.

D

5. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

My younger brother did competitive gymnastics for 9 years. He competed at the state and regional levels. He quit because he liked tumbling too much and hated pommel. So now he's in competitive cheerleading - lots of tumbling, more scholarship opportunities, and the chance to look up girls' skirts to boot. :D He works out at the cheer gym about 25 hours a week, which is way more dedication than I could ever have.

6. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

Oh god don't mention diving. I love diving but I quit because of the demands. You have no idea how hard diving is... I dived for 4 years, 2 years competitively (and I never got lower then a 2nd place). I was young then, so I never got past a triple off the three meter springboard, but I was good for my age. I was doing 2 and 1/2's when I was about 11 and a half. I quit because coming everyday after school, and diving for 2 hours, coming home and doing homework, and then going to sleep exhausted wasen't my idea of fun. I also hated wearing a speedo.

I was teaching myself a back full yesterday (on the ground) and I landed on my wrist once, and I won't be able to use it for anything requiring any strength whatsoever, but it was definitely worth it. I love how back fulls look. I don't think it was good for me though, I am incredibly sore right now, and my wrist hurts :D. I want to learn how to do a moon kick. Nobody knows what that is but it is a wierd back flip-gainer-half spin type thing. It looks really cool.