Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gunthian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
I'm considering buying a gyroscopic mouse. Has anyone tried using any of the Gyration mice (http://www.gyration.com) on a Mac? They say they don't officially support the MAc OS, so I'm worried. Are the right-click buttons, scrollwheel, etc. on this mouse functional in Mac OSX? How do they perform in terms of speed, sensitivity and so on?

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
I haven't tried one, but from looking at the site, it looks cool to me :D Where does it say it doesn't support Mac? It says in the requirements just OS 8.0 or higher. It also says that the third party app USB Overdrive will work for getting the right button to work for Mac, and since this app is available for OS X, it appears that it should work fine. I suppose "appears" is the keyword though, lol :)

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
too windows-ish for my taste, it looks pretty complicated for productivity apps, just look the man on the website... not really working ;) ...
I guess that you can use it just for fun, but I cannot see how good that is with safari, iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, ...

tsaxer

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2004
Tuscaloosa, AL
I bought one a little while ago, and for the most part, it's pretty cool. That said, I dont hardly use it anymore. When I first bought it I was trying to use it on a G3 500 ibook, and it tended to chug too much. Then I moved it to my Desktop PC (P4 2.4ghz) and it works fine, but the point of hte product is to be far away, and my eyes don't let me get too far from the monitor. I have tried it with my G4 1.5 15 in. Powerbook, and it works fine with most all programs, safari, iTunes, and iPhoto included. the scroll wheel is convenient, but the reciever is corded and not too small, so not practical for laptop use most of the time.

Well that's just my 2cents

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.