[H]aredOCP - Bye bye

Discussion in 'Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion' started by pgwalsh, Jun 6, 2007.

1. macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

Okay... I don't know if anyone else on MacRumors is/was a frequent visitor of HardOCP, but I had to finally call it quits today. I think they have a pretty good site, but recently they have been consistently biased towards Apple. I finally had to call it quits. I don't mind someone critiquing a product, but a constant negative tone on every article and post is a bit much. I'm sure they couldn't care less, but they lost a very long time reader today.

2. macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Uh... biased "toward" Apple? They have one editor that fawns over everything Apple, the rest have pretty consistently ragged on Apple for years. It's nothing new. It's just like the macho SUV drivers that constantly denigrate economy cars. You just ignore them.

3. macrumors G4

dmw007

Good choice, MR is far better for you anyways. ;) :) :cool:

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

I'm not sure which editor fawns over them because I haven't seen much of it.

I've always seen them take jabs here and there, but now it seems like they go out of there way. I already had issues with the site because you can't use a gmail, hotmail or yahoo account to sign-up for the forums and they were pretty rude about it. I think the owner, Kyle Bennett, is a bit of a jerk, at least with the exchanges I've had with him. However, Steve, one of the editors has always been a nice guy. Just tired of hearing the same old bashing.

MacRumors is great. My only complaint would be that there a bit too draconian with moderation. But I understand that they want to keep things very mellow and clean because they have a lot of young readers.

My list of sites I really like and frequent are the following: MacRumors (of course), Engadget, Slashdot, eWeek, and Red Herring.

Anyone else have a list of favorites?

5. macrumors regular

A little different, but I check out computerworld.com every day - great for news

6. macrumors regular

Great, I added it to Vienna.