H20 on AT&T iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jgrimey, Jan 21, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm not sure what to do next , I purchased about 3 sim cards and activated a monthly plan with H20. However I can not get the phone to stop saying " No Sim " any help??:confused:

2. macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

Are you jailbroken?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes did it with redsnow
    But does jail breaking really even matter to just to see if it works when u pop in the sim??

4. macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

Is it a microsim? Did you cut it correctly? It should work perfectly.

5. macrumors 6502

Unless your iPhone is unlocked, your AT&T iPhone will not work. I think that in addition to jailbreak, you have to run a separate utility to unlock it.

6. macrumors 65816

chakraj

No that's not true H2O is a reseller of AT&T spectrum so the AT&T phones work because they are on AT&T. You don't even have to unlock them.

7. macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

you sure about that? If you say so why not call h20 or even att for support! Sounds like h20 is just using att towers.

8. Moderator emeritus

grapes911

H2O is using AT&T towers. From everything I've heard, because of that, no unlock is needed.

Edit: Here is a thread where others have said this is true. I have no reason not to believe them.

9. macrumors 6502a

TheBigKing

i have h2o on my 4s works really good something bad are u doing

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, 2 of the 3 I bought cut with scissors and the 3rd I bought a micro sim cutter and 3 both say no sim. Idk if it's cuz I might have the gold plate off by a little or not

----------

That's exactly what I heard, they use AT&T towers so there was no unlock needed but jailbreak was needed. I went to apple dude didn't know anything about h20 and went to find info on it he then told me I needed to call AT&T to unlock the phone for h20 to work; so I did; I talk to AT&T tech support they tell me they do know why he told me that because they will not unlock iPhones needless to say I have a monthly plan I bought and still can't get it to work

----------

So since u have it, all u did was pop in he sim and it FOUND your h20 service?

11. macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It should work. It doesn't need to be jailbroken or unlocked. This also works on Straight talk and Red pocket

12. thread starter macrumors newbie

I seen online in order to use straight talk on the iPhone you need to purchase the phone thats around 200 something, is that true? And do you or fellow commenters know if the baseband can play into this or regardless it should work ?

13. macrumors 6502a

TheBigKing

yes no problems only pop it and ready to go

14. macrumors 6502

In the H20 help section, their instructions include unlocking, at least for iOS 4.

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/pageControl.php?page=help

15. thread starter macrumors newbie

16. macrumors 6502

It's under the benefits tab. Scroll down and you will see the iphone listed there.

17. thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow unbelievable wish that happened to me, if it's reading no sim all I can think is the plates aren't touching right. I cut a tmobile sim card it reads no service so idk I'm stuck, how are your gold plates? Straight in middle without any of it touching the metal? Or is it touching a little bit?

18. macrumors 6502

I know for a fact that you need to unlock the iphone for T-Mobile to work. You've already jailbroken the iphone. Unlock it and see what happens.