H320 with Tiger.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by endoscient, Jun 24, 2005.

1. endoscient macrumors member

I have an iRiver H320 (a hard drive mp3 player, that uses UMS) that I use with my windows desktop. I went to hook it up to my new PowerBook that has tiger, except nothing happened. It says connected on the screen but it doesn't get mounted. Any ideas?

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Yes, it's supposed to be compatible with both OS 9 and X.

Sometimes devices can be picky about where they are plugged in. If it's plugged in through a hub, try going straight to the main USB port to see if that's causing a problem.

3. endoscient thread starter macrumors member

it is straight in. it knows when i connect and disconnect it. (gives connected screen or not)

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Just to be clear: is it only the iRiver box that sees the USB connection, or does the Mac see it too?

With the player plugged in, pick "About This Mac..." from the Apple menu and click on the "More Info..." button. In the USB section, can you find the iRiver?

5. endoscient thread starter macrumors member

It is the same with or without the iRiver plugged in.

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Okay, so it's not even a disk mounting problem, and the Mac isn't even seeing it as a USB device? Yuck. I'd be wondering about ports (at least try the other USB port) and cables. People do use these with PowerBooks!

7. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I thought you were talking about some amazing new video codec thats way better than H264.

H264, H320 :D

8. endoscient thread starter macrumors member

I have used other USB devices fine with it. HID at least (mouse/keyboards). I willl try my card reader and see if that works.

9. endoscient thread starter macrumors member

my card reader doesn't work either. the light doesn't even turn on when I plug it in. i have tried the other port, no luck. and the cable works fine in other computers.

10. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Do any USB devices work in it? It's really beginning to sound as though your powerbook is b0rken :(

11. endoscient thread starter macrumors member

I tried my keyboard again. And no go. I then had the brilliant idea to reboot. Now they all work fine. lol, mebbe shoulda tried that sooner