Hack for iPod recording (mic or line in)

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by live4ever, Dec 31, 2004.

1. live4ever macrumors 6502a

2. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

man, that would be nice. i'm a musician, and i just bought a griffin italk, and, its pretty terrible as far a quality. even for voice notes, its not too hot. you have to install linux on the iPod for this hack to work, though. i might just give it a try...

3. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Very interesting not to say new, however if I am not mistaken they say you can record:

I mean wow, that is neat...I thought that was impossible or maybe I am :confused: , will try this out indeed since all I have nothing to loose. And it seems to work on a 3G iPod so all the better. :)

4. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

I tried it on my ipod and it is cool. Try it out!

5. Godfather macrumors member

You never tried recording anything through a headset on your computer line/in? Same idea, just that the iPod is the computer now... And as far as I know this is just a haxie where it switches the out with in and in with out... (dunno why it requires linux, it should be possible to make something in Apple language lol...)

6. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I installed podzilla on my 3rd gen 15gb a few weeks ago, its cool and definately adds some functionality to my ipod... plus there's a few nerd bragging rights.

That said, booting in and out of linux is a hassle and mp3 playback in linux tends to get staticy and skips.

I haven't tried recording with it yet though, the idea of boot-legging shows with it is an interesting one. :)