hacked apps safe?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Xgamer1224, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors regular

i have heard of hacked versions of crash and super monkey ball that you can get for free, but is it safe? will it mess up my ipod touch?

2. macrumors Core

alphaod

3. macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

The only thing it will mess up is the lives of the people who wrote the apps. Sleep tight!

4. macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

FYI: You have to jailbrake it to make them work.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

yea i just found that out so im not gonna cuz i dont like jailbreakin

6. macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

you dont like jailbreaking but you are ok with stealing?

7. thread starter macrumors regular

8. macrumors Core

alphaod

So you're alright if a thief comes and takes all your valuables?

9. macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

Don't act like you guys have paid for every piece of software you have ever used. Im not saying it's ok....but I don't think there is one person on here that hasn't violated a license or used something that wasn't bought.

10. macrumors regular

Did you even read what he said?

11. macrumors 6502

I think he was being sarcastic.

12. macrumors member

Super Monkey Ball is made by sega... theres no one losing anything.... buck them!!!!

to the OP.... super monkey ball ... HACKED VERSION.... works perfectly fine!!!
    sounds, graphics, everything and is a cinch to upload... go for it!!

13. macrumors 68000

Sobe

Nihilistic arguments #1.

Hey if you paid for 99% of the software you use, you're no better than the guy who once paid for a copy of LodeRunner on his Apple IIc.

Love it!

14. macrumors 68040

Yeah good thing Sega software is all programmed by robots or there might be some developers who don't get what they deserve for their hard work.

15. macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Just gonna say: Jailbreaking isn't illegal, but stealing definitely is. Decide whether or not you want to be a criminal.

16. macrumors 68040

mavis

If there were a safe, non-jailbreak way to install App Store apps for free, I'd do it in a second. I've spent close to $200 on apps so far, and regret 80% of those purchases. Since we aren't able to get trial periods with apps, I have no problem obtaining them through illegal means.

Is it stealing? Sure. Do I care? Not at all. A 'try before you buy' option would cut the amount of piracy quite a bit, I'd imagine.

17. macrumors 601

It's not even stealing, it's copy right infringement. If you were to get caught and be convicted under the strictest law it would not be for theft.

18. macrumors member

oh please the developers get paid no matter what.. its called salary!
    its the shareholders that get gipped... and personally i dont give a rats rass...cause they dont do anything anyways!! they just sit back and recieve bank! so dont try and make me feel quilty or anything cause it just wont work!

19. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It must be great to have absolutely no stock market exposure. I assume you don't have a pension (and you parents/family don't either) as those will depend 100% on the stock market. Or any mutual funds. Or (in the UK) a stocks and shares ISA.

You can justify your theft whatever way you want, but you are still a thief.

20. macrumors regular

Developers don't get paid if they lose their job. I'm stating the obvious but the greater the profit for Sega the more projects they will have in the future. This means more developers will be employed and more games for you to play will be developed. Conversely, high levels of piracy could drive Sega into the ground. If we look back at Sega's history we can see the amount of downsizing it has had to do just so it can survive. Jobs have been lost. And if Sega does have to downsize again, you will be a contributing factorl.

Shareholders have taken a risk and they don't just sit back and make a profit. The stock market is a zero sum game, for every winner there is a loser. So unlike your naive assumption, it is not win win and illegal activities that distort the fairness of investments should be stopped. Also, shareholders are people just like you and I. If you're between 20 and 30 around 90% of your retirement savings should be in stocks. Think about that, it doesn't just affect the rich but everyone.

21. macrumors 68000

That's good to hear. Developers deserve to be paid and I am happy to see that like most of us around here you are not a thief.
    :)

22. macrumors 68000

One of the most ignorant statements I have seen all week. Can you tell us what you do for a living? And if someone stole your paycheck after a long week of saying "would you like cheese with that burger" would you think that is right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.