Hackers: iTunes can be shared over Net

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Pablo, May 13, 2003.

1. Pablo macrumors regular

c|net

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yep, its true, apple opened the door. itunesdl lets you snag anyones files. i know this isnt what apple intended but its still mainly there fault. they just gotta hope it doesnt come back around and bite them in the ass.

iJon

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

iTunes allows streaming, right? So it's not actually saving teh music to the client computer. But isn't there some program floating around that actually allows downloading as well? itunesdb.com shut itself down on this basis, at least from the site's notes.

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yes, that is what im talking about. its called itunesdl. it allows you to downloads comes msuic files, it doesnt download the stream, but the actual physical file.

iJon

5. jethroted macrumors 6502a

jethroted

It doesn't really matter, because you still can't listen to the files from the music store anyway. If you download a song that is not on an authorized computer, then it will not play.

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

very true, although once this hits the windows world its only a matter of time. i played with a friends bougt song to see if i could ease my way around it. to my knowledge apple did a very good job, i couldnt do it and i tried many things.

iJon