Had $150 Dell gift card for over a year. What can I buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kendo, Nov 4, 2012.

1. macrumors 68000

Apr 4, 2011
    I've had a $150 Dell gift card since Black Friday of last year and can't bring myself to buy anything. If there is a mouse on sale that I want, Amazon and Newegg usually have cheaper prices so I can't bring myself to pay full price from Dell even if it is zero out of pocket. Same goes with Xbox 360 games. I could pay $60 from Dell with zero out of pocket but I feel like I'm "losing out" since I can get it for $45 from Newegg.

Is there anything useful that I can buy? It is a shame there are no Apple products. I think I'd buy an Apple TV or Airport Express in a heartbeat if they sold it there. I already have a 2011 MBA, 24" external monitor, external HDD, iPad, iPhone, Xbox 360, and PS3. I already have Halo 4 and Black Ops II on pre-order for $45 and $48 from Newegg.

What would you buy if you were given $150 worth of Dell credit?
  2. Moderator emeritus

Mar 7, 2007
    I'd put it towards a bigger/better monitor if you can't find anything else (depending on how old yours is).
  3. macrumors 604

Mar 26, 2008
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    are you sure the gift card is still valid? lots of the gift cards "expire"...
  4. macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2011
    You could sell it. Craigslist, eBay or one of the websites that deal in gift cards, such as https://www.plasticjungle.com/main They are several of them, I'm not recommending Plastic Jungle specifically.
  5. macrumors 68040

6. thread starter macrumors 68000

Apr 4, 2011
    Thought about it but I'd probably sell a $150 gift card for $140 and then after fees, maybe get $125 from eBay. Too bad Dell doesn't sell an Apple TV.
  7. macrumors 601

Jul 14, 2010
    Phila, PA