Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b3av3r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2012
Louisiana
And I must say after being a Windows users since the beginning I am really impressed. At first I was unsure of purchasing Apple because I was afraid I would have to spend so much time relearning an OS, but the portability of the macbook air helped me take the plunge.

The transition was very simple. I sat down and went through all of the programs I used on my Windows PC, and realized I had a lot of wasted stuff on there. I then spent a little time browsing google for Mac equivalent programs. I found everything I need, and I'm running OpenOffice for the time being so I haven't spent any money on apps yet.

I was excited about the gestures on the trackpad and surprised at how quickly I began to use them all without even thinking about it. I even attempted to scroll up/down with two fingers on my old Windows laptop before I realized I was wasting my time.

I would say I am comfortable with this OS, and the entire transition and it has only been about 10 days since I first turned it on. I like to think I am a little more computer savvy than the average person, but to any Windows users who are worried about the transition I say do not worry at all. Everything translates quite easily and you should be up and running 100% in a matter of a few days, a week or so at the very most.

b3av3r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2012
Louisiana
I still spend some time almost every day looking for new things I don't know about the OS or the computer, which is quite a bit. So I am not done learning but I am surprised I learned everything I needed for useful computing in such a short time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.