Hail the innocent

Discussion in 'Community' started by madamimadam, Sep 10, 2002.

1. madamimadam macrumors 65816

madamimadam

With all the over-exagerated morning for the Sept. 11 victims, I would like to observe a post of silence for those in Afghanistan who are innocent but were killed by the US Military in bombings of revenge for September 11; these people have done no harm and deserve no evil.

2. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

3. vitruvius macrumors regular

4. daytona63 macrumors member

Constipation of the mind leads to diarrhea of the mouth, or keyboard in this case

Your ignorance is almost not worth a response. I am not going to blab about 9-11 and how awful it was, because quite frankly that gets old. Your naiveté is painfully obvious; you do not understand war and its causes and effects, nor the unfortunate necessity of it at times, despite whatever experiences you think qualify you to do so. It is not revenge, but rather an act of defense, executed with the greatest care not to harm innocents. I too abhor killing innocents, as some of those killed in Afghanistan certainly were. To say what you have said, though, throws the deaths of all the U.S. servicemen and servicewomen in the faces of their families, not to mention the dead killed in New York and in Washington, D.C. When this conflict is over, mourn their dead and the causes that lead up to that. Now, however, is the time to mourn our own dead, albeit not excessively as you correctly pointed out. I would propose a moment of silence for the members of the armed forces who have died protecting btoh Americans and Afghanis from harm before I would even consider your proposal.

5. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

mourn the death of all innocents killed .... dont be picky about it ... come on. thats sort of defeats the purpose of being kind and caring to all people regardless of race, religion or sex etc. etc..... by selecting a time period for silence in respecting the death of innocents

so we mourn the death of these innocents...

our service men and women, those who died in new york , pennsylvania and washington d.c. because of the punk as* terrorists, those innocents who have died in Afghanistan because of the inevitable cause of war in the self defense of our great country, and those innocents that have died every where else in any time period because of the abhorant evil that exists behind our realm.

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

moderator's request

if u have something to say against this particular occasion...please do it in another thread...this was meant as a peaceful offering...not a reason to rant...

7. davidc2182 macrumors regular

cheers krossfyter!

let us mourn all the innocents who died, cherish them for they died for us, and look forward to the day when all will unite in brotherhood and sisterhood regardless of race, origin, religion, etc, after all is said and done, we are all equal, some of us are just misguided individuals who lose the right to be called human when they commit the ultimate act of cowardice and commit suicide while taking innocents with them.

Silence....

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

9. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

In reply to 2 message at once:
    I know exactly where I am coming from and there is nothing nieve about what I have to say, just listen instead of merely reading.

This thread is for the rememberance of those in Afghanistan, there are plenty of places to mourn the US victims and those in military forces... please, keep this thread as close to silent as possible.... I would be most apprecitive.

10. daytona63 macrumors member

11. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

Re: cheers krossfyter!

David, I love your idealism, I just wish I could believe in your words. The "war" against terrorism will never end, it might mutate into something that looks or acts a little different but it will never end.

Just feel happy that we do not have to deal with terrorism like those who live in the Middle-East.... we have no idea what terrorism really is.

12. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

13. sickboy_osX macrumors regular

14. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

15. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Standing, silent, saluting with pride and honor, those who died as TRUE innocents in Afghanistan. May God be with you, and your families.