Half Life Counter Strike Condition Zero for Macintosh

Discussion in 'Games' started by LimeiBook86, Apr 13, 2003.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Mac Warehouse has Half Life Counterstrike Condition Zero for PC and Mac on one CD. I saw it in the Mac Warehouse magazine and now I have seen it online. I hope this isn't a screw up. This is great news, here is a link: http://www2.warehouse.com/product.asp?pf_id=VW101604&cat=mac&blind= The price is $39.99, I don't think it is on sale yet but I have herd it shoudl be out around May or June. YAY! The system requirments don't mention Mac OS 9 or OS X but I think it is for Mac, I hope it is, and it would rule for this game to come to the Mac. :D :rolleyes:

2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Lets fine the errors of this page.

<buzz>
    "Most orders for items currently not available can be filled in less than 2 weeks.

Platform:__________PC"
    and
    "Min Processor Type:
    Intel Pentium

Min Operating System:
    Microsoft Windows 95/98, Microsoft Windows 2000 / NT4.0, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition"

I don't know why they were so stupid in making this.

I really doubt CZ is coming to mac after the whole big "they really didn't want the game so they ****ed it from the inside out" fasico.

I would love, LOVE for it to come to mac, I just doubt its happening. :( :mad:

edit un-less wharehouse knows something these die hard CS/CZ fan sites don't "1.6 Will there be a Mac port of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero?
    Currently, there are no known plans for a Mac port of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero."
    NOOOOOOO

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

old news, it was a mess up. long thread on it on spymac. i wouldnt care anyways, half life is one of the worse games ive played, especially counter strike, havent played condition zero yet, probably never will, im just wating for my planetside discs to come in the mail any day now.

iJon

4. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Why did you think its bad? Its good and extremely addicting. Half life itself is bad, bad, bad. But CS is realistic and has out lives tons of games like it. You can't go wrong with your friends, some computers and a nice LAN game... ;)

The Plot thickens, then dies, and then thickens again?
    Don't do this to me MacWORLD!

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

realistic? you gotta be kidding me. cs has probably the worse ai in a game i have ever played. if you want fun go play battlefield, planetside, or raven shield, americas army, or something. but whatever you like i guess works for you. the only thing ill give cs is that it plays on crap machines, but most old games do.

iJon

6. Captnroger macrumors regular

If you are playing CS for it's 'single-player' qualities, then you are missing the boat. I know that you can add 'bots' for single player gaming, but CS is without question a MP game.

I'm not saying the game is for everyone, and I certainly wouldn't call it 'realistic' but I would call it 'very fun'. I've probably logged more hours in CS than any other game I've ever played, although it is really getting very very old now. BF1942 is an awesome experience!

7. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

errr first of all counterstrike is not a single player game. second of all this means there is no ai because it is fully multiplayer. you can add bots but they are horrible. i dont know why you would add bots when there are plenty of servers with real people playing in them. i question whether or not you have ever played the game ijon. and on another not i would like to see what games you think are good if you think cs is terrible? because i still cant find an online first person shooter that i like more.

8. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Arg...Why am I always the last to know these things...:rolleyes: :mad:

9. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

CS is a great game, it has a very long game life and has been very fun to play. Besides that it has outlasted many many games with much better graphics meaning everyone can play it and people have access to it. The only time I can compare it to is when SC/BW was popular and every baby/kid/teen/adult was playing it all at the same time for days on end. They had televised tourneys and etc... CS has lasted a long time, I for one would love mac users to get access to many many many online players. At any given time there are a good ten thousand servers running CS games.

time to spend 23.7/day on macrumors and you know all. :D ;)

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

no ive played it, we play it at school just because it will run on crappy computers. the graphics are terrible (but normal for its time) and just doesnt provide the gameplay for me, i feel planetside and battlefield are some of the best fps out now(planetside will be out next month.) these are just my opinions though, and most of my hardcore gaming friends agree with me. its you computer and what you like, so if you like cs then play it by all means, im not hear to force you. its just my opinion that playing 1000 people at the same time in one battle is much more fun then cs.

iJon

11. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

*sigh*

You had an experiance on school computers? You might as well judge PC's when they run ME.

Bah,
    a) different graphical modes
    b) CS has evolved from crappy, BS w/slow frames to a good game with balanced teams and weapons.

CZ will only improve this.

12. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

I can buy your dissapointement with graphics but not gameplay. I do agree with you about Battlefield, its a great fps. I still dont think that there is an online fps that beats the team based gameplay of CS. Just my opinion.

13. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

www.planetside.com this will be new king for the time being.

iJon

14. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

as for teamplay, go get a copy of ghost recon, raven shield, or america's army, they are great games. americas army is great just because its free. im not trying to start a war, im just saying what i like and you guys are saying what you like.

iJon

15. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Its nice to quote yourself, huh? :rolleyes:

And its ----> http://planetside.station.sony.com/
    Just saying...

16. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

accident, and planetside redirects itself, thanks for the roll eyes.

iJon

17. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

*ahem* Rainbow Six? Ghost Recon?

18. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Once again, Half-Life for Mac has been dead for a long time. Half-Life for the PC was dead the first time it was introduced. It's amazing that someone paid for it to be re-worked and then it became game of the year, leading to mods such as CounterStrike.

Few games have been so doomed and came to have cult status like Half-Life.

19. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

rainbow six and ghost recon dont have the exciting gameplay i get from cs. in fact i find tom clancy games in general to suck ecept for maybe splinter cell but thats not a fps. thats just me.

20. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Sorry man, you quoted yourself it was funny at the time since the original side was down at the time that i replyied because it is www.plantside.com not www.plantside.com, the comma messes everything up in some browsers.

21. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i know, i fixed it, not need to make me feel stupid though, dont know if you were or not, roll eyes made it seem like that.

iJon

22. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

heh...

Arg... this was just a simple thread to see if the game existed or not, now look...heh oh well...:rolleyes: :cool:

23. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Sorry.

Sorry.

Sorry.

:(