Half-Life for MAC

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jeffx342, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Jeffx342 macrumors regular

Confirming months of speculation, Inside Mac Games' publisher Tuncer Deniz announced today that it will be publishing the long-awaited Mac version of Half-Life: Game of the Year Edition. The game is currently in beta testing although no release date has been announced...yet.

http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ID=7380

2. chewbaccapits macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

Holy crap...I never thought this was going to happen..Wait, is this a joke????Elaborate if it is...But the bad thing is, if its true, I'll never get my work done now! I'll play that sucker 24/7. :(

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's got to be a joke. Pre-order price is $159. That's a little steep for a game, let alone a two-year-old game.

Mac users must want it bad if they're willing to pay that much.

4. howard macrumors 68020

howard

what a sick joke, man why? don't taunt us please. and original halflife came out in 98' its a 5 year old game now!

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

man we are getting excited about a crap game when they have the 2nd one coming out soon for pc. too bad developers are wasting there time porting these half ass games when there is much better games that macs need.

iJon

6. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

7. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

who the heck pays nearly 200$ for a way out of date game?

-aethier

8. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

True. what about the real story? DOOM3 for Macs. when, how much, minimum specs? etc etc

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

wow i would hate to see the specs for a mac. that alpha copy barely ran on my pc rig, but then again its an alpha.

iJon

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Hey ijon what was your test system? This alone keeps me from buying anymac until this badboy comes out. i will wait to use this as a benchmark for my next system. If it can crank out doom 3 it will crank out anything. think it will come out this year on mac? also Halo and UT 2003 to a lesser extent.

12. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

god damn bastard needs to port HL 2 atleast to mac, they killed the original HL because the company orded the software to not work with PC's and then they say it is the devp. fault for making the software only Pc---Pc and Mac---Mac.

BS.

I want the next greatest series of games to run on mac.