Half of U.S. still believes Iraq had WMD

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Aug 6, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

AP

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Fox news did report that Iraq had WMDs But they were all degraded and unusable. So I don't find it a shock whether people believe it or not.

Linky

3. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

yes, it seems the disinformation campaign continues to work. perhaps it's the only way the GOP can stay in power: fear and lies.

4. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Everyday I wake up to find that Americans are more and more retarded. Its not about misinformation, its just that people don't have the brains to think for themselves, or try to question the government's logic.

There is absolutely no hope left for this country.

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

lol... Fear yes. Lies no. Only Half lies - Half truths ;)

Fox is not in-bed with the GOP. Disinformation haha so many people say that I find it funny.

6. After G macrumors 68000

After G

People are just dumb / ignorant / in denial sometimes.

I'd like to think positive and hope the other 50% knew better than that.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Uh- sorry but Fox news is hardly reliable. BTW- if all their "WMD's" were all degraded and unreliable, wouldn't that basically mean they didn't have any and were hence no threat?

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wow- I'm glad you think it's funny that so many people have had to die for such a stupid, unjustified war. Tell that to those of us who have family and friends over there for no reason other than Bush's oil buddies. What a funny joke. :rolleyes:

9. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I said that a few posts up buddy.

Wow did you totally misread my post. I"m laughing that people like zim fall victim to the left wing rhetoric saying Fox news is the agent of disinformation.... It's all a load of crap.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If you did, it certainly wasn't clear.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No, you didn't. Show me where you did.

So you think Fox news is legitimate?

12. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I have bleach and ammonia under the kitchen sink. They're the sole precursors to chlorine gas -- a WMD banned under the Geneva Protocol. When do we invade my house?

13. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm glad i amuse you. btw, who is white house spokesman right now?

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Soon my friend, if the Bushies have anything to say about it.

You MUST be a Terr'rist! :)

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

True, yes, but of course, Faux will search for any technicality to make this war look good.

It's like if I have a cup with a giant hole on the bottom of it. It's completely useless, but I still have a cup. And if me having a cup was the reason for a war, of course there would be people who claim that I still had a cup and the war was justified. Just the right wing spin machine in action :rolleyes:

16. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I'm wondering when Rush Limbaugh will guest host as WH spokesman and return the favour for Tony.

17. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

More eloquently said than you think.

18. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Mr. Tony Snow. Before you say "OMG SEE I TOLD YOU! He works for FOX so that MUST mean FOX is in-bed with teh GOP!" Mr. Snow is a proud supporter of the Bush administration and can handle press related issues far better than Scott Mclellan. (However you spell that name) He is able to articulate the President's point of view far better than the President could himself. Hence why he was the top pick. THis wasn't the first time someone in the press has been chosen to work for any president's adminitration

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yeah....it's one of those things you hate to admit, but it's true. All we need is a little drool coming out of our mouth and we'd be riding the short bus.

I think I'm going to hell for that comment :D

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

That's not saying much. A gorilla could articulate the president's point of view better than the president could himself, because our president has the IQ of a flea.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That's not saying much. A second grade kid could articulate the President's POV better than he could. I predict Tony Snow leaves in a little more than a year after he realizes what this administration is really up to- enriching their pals and screwing everyone else. At least I hope Snow is smart enought to see it. BTW- how many people have left Bush's cabinet? How many people have quit that administration? Shouldn't that tell you something?

22. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

The problem is President Bush is a poor public speaker. Clinton was a better public speaker in my opinion. Maybe he had better writers? But I wouldn't go so far as to say he's dumb, but it seems like it when someone can't thouroughly discuss what he has to say during interviews. He went to Yale so he can't be that dumb.

23. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Misinformation is a tactic of warfare. If all you have coming to you is misinformation, like we had at the beginning of the war, and it continues to rain down from every source, it's what you're going to believe. REAL information, pure information is very hard to come by.

I don't think it's just Americans that are retarded. I think the human race is getting dumber by the day.

24. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Ah. So you're Iranian.

25. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Not only a poor public speaker but a man who has no ability to think dynamically.

His father and grandfather had also gone to Yale which gave him a leg up so it's not as though he got there on his own merits. When you're rich enough, everything's for sale, especially a spot at Yale.