Halliburton to End Iran Operations

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 29, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

hmmmm... should we be reading something into this?

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

If we're reading, what page are you on? I am looking at at least three:

- A preface to a military option by the US in Iran
    - Halliburton are covering their butt (and perhaps the Administration), from any continued scrutiny over their operations in Iran.
    - Iran (or iranian interests) told Halliburton where to stick it considering recent US policy, and signed contracts with the french, or chinese.

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Hmm...I thought you were gonna tell us that the violence in Iraq was making working there just too risky, even for Halliburton.

But they're worried about being investigated. Awwwww.... [​IMG]

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

Anybody else thinking "take the money and run". They got what they wanted. They even got caught, and all they got was a slap on the wrist. I says, good riddance.

But, the Iran thing scares me. I guess the administration thinks they've gotten away with it in Iraq, they might as well push their luck even further in Iran. Not like there's much we can do about it. Despite the drop in popularity, and support for Iraq, and the fact that we'll be going it completely alone, and stretching ourselves beyond the limit we've already crossed. But you know they think they can get away with it. And they probably will.

God help us all.