Halo 1.5 update available

Discussion in 'Games' started by bbarnhart, Dec 18, 2004.

1. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

2. neonart macrumors 65816

neonart

It now can make the game even better looking. But of course that means it'll run even slower than it already does. Yes!

On the other hand, the 10.3.7 update appears to have helped speed a little. So combine the two, and you'll be set.

3. bbarnhart thread starter macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

I've got the dual 1.25 G4 with the 64MB ATI 9000. It is noticeably better, but I never ran it after the 10.3.7 without the 1.5 update. So, I don't know if it is better with 1.5 update or 10.3.7. Could be a little of both.

4. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I'm still working on the original version. I lost my cd key, and If i upgrade I will be screwed! Also, I like not having to put in the CD.

5. Zapranoth macrumors newbie

Didn't know you could do that...

I'm running the latest update on my dual 2.5 with a Radeon 9800. BEFORE doing the Halo upgrade and going to 10.3.7, even my machine didn't run Halo smoothly with all settings maxed, which was most annoying. :( You don't buy a machine like mine to have it chunk along on the "Final Run" level.

I originally played Halo through on my PC, which was a 2.8 ghz P4 with an Nvidia Geforce ti 4200 something or another; it never slowed down or glitched for anything, all settings maxed.

AFTER installing both the Halo update and the 10.3.7 updates together, Halo runs smoothly with all settings maxed on my Mac, as it should. :)

6. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Having just bought Halo myself, and updated it to 1.5, I learned about the CD the hard way. I tried making a disk image, to no avail. Surely there must be SOME way to get around the stupid CD requirement! :rolleyes: That bugs me to no end.

Also, I'm playing it on a brand new iBook 1.2GHz with 1.25GB of RAM and it's... slow... with minimal settings, at lowest resolution. It runs at about the same speed as Q3A ran on my old Yikes G4 400. I wasn't expecting stellar performance from an iBook of course, but it's borderline playable in some parts, which is rather disappointing. Oh well! I like to think of it as an extension to Marathon, so I'll "suffer". ;)

7. Chaz macrumors newbie

I saw some great performance gains in Halo... not sure if it's the patch or the 10.3.7 update but Halo looks nicer and runs faster.

The Mac version now has the glowing markers on the ground and on banshees that PC users have had forever, and now when you shoot someone, you see their shield crackle. I run it at 1024*768 ON A 2Ghz G5 with a 6800 with all the options on and probably get 40+ FPS on average.

8. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Is my iBook magic or something? I can run everything at medium setting at lowest resolution and I get nice framerates. Not fantastic, mind you, but I can enjoy it. My iBook is 933 MHz with I can't remember how much ram(but it's a lot....I think)

9. applekid macrumors 68020

The other guy might not find that playable.

10. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

I get okay framerates. It's not slow all the time, only when there's a lot of guys on the screen at once, it definitely seems to dip below 30fps. I don't have exact numbers yet, but I'll check it out next time I'm playing.