Halo 2 and Xbox Live question

Discussion in 'Games' started by pgc6000, Dec 29, 2004.

1. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Sorry if this sounds pretty noobish, but I am still pretty new to Xbox Live. When you are playing Halo 2, or in that case any game over Xbox Live, do you need to hold down the control pad to talk to people? Sometimes I feel like i am talking to myself through the headset.

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

on halo 2 i belive that you should have the headset on at all times.

When you press white (or up on the D-Pad) everone hears you until you stop making noise. (It automatically knows when your done talking, you should hear a sound.)

Although without hitting d pad or white and your mike is on only the people around you hear you. (kind of like your gun, for instance you can't hear the gun across the map but standing next to it you can hear it well.) The volume of the voice also decreases as your distance increases from the person talking.

sorry if the way i wrote it is confusing

:eek:

3. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, I get it :) Thanks for your help!

4. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Heh, headset is neat and all. But you get tired sometimes of people constatly blabbing about how wasted they are and how they need to get more beer.
    Sometimes I wish Xbox also supported keyboard.

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

they do

I don't know who makes it or where to get it, but one of my friends had one. I'm sure if you do a search you can find it. Personally, I wouldn't use it unless I was out of a game, I wouldn't want to put the controller done, type a message, then pick it up again.

6. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's just easier, in my opinion, to just talk. You don't have to worry about someone shooting you while you are typing. Multiplayer games really need to have pause options. It would just make your guy dissapear and when you un-pause it you are back.

7. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I don't like when the person I am killed by talks and sounds like an 8 year old. Little buggers are pretty good.

8. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What are 8 year olds doing playing online?

9. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

it's a fact of life xbox live is populated by half stoners and half 8 year old twats and maybe two girls

if anyone wants to play my tag is "mordeci mecator" (if you can pronounce it correctly i'll let you be in my clan (after consulting the other two leaders (it's a democratic dictatorship :p)))

man there are too many brackets there.