Halo 2 for Vista on May 8th

Discussion in 'Games' started by *HOA*Maxmus, Mar 14, 2007.

1. *HOA*Maxmus macrumors newbie

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

*sigh* using Bootcamp will make a Mac simply boot up Windows with no emulation or anything. It's full speed.

I need Vista for Halo 2? Is this because of DirectX 10? If so didn't the Xbox 1 have DX8? All very silly this. Well I won't be getting it if I need Vista.

3. LastLine macrumors 65816

Marketing ploy for Vista methinks. And yeah, you need Vista unfortunately. On the plus side, apparently there's rumours of a 360 version of Halo 2 coming out to coincide - this'll likely take the form of a marketplace package I'd guess, it's supposed to add maps, full 720p graphics (rather than the 480p update that came before) and best of all, achievements to fit in line with the PC Live version.

Rumours remember.

4. *HOA*Maxmus thread starter macrumors newbie

If the rumors are true, that will be awesome.

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

How many people really care? If you were dieing to play Halo 2, but an Xbox

*Yes, I know this new one will look better, but still its 3 years to late. Just like the 1st

6. *HOA*Maxmus thread starter macrumors newbie

There are some of us Mac users who play Halo online and are in a Halo clan. Thus information as such are important.

7. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Yeah you don't need but Microsoft claims they are trying to push some of Vista's specific game-related features (apart from DX10 of course) so I think its valid.