Halo 2 Multiplayer Maps

Discussion in 'Games' started by Phat_Pat, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

So it has been annonced that the first 4 of 9 maps will be avilable for download on Monday April 25th.

The auto update was released monday 4/18 (yesterday).

So how will you guys get these? or will you?

Will you download them? (two are free, the rest cost money. first two are $5.99 while the following 5 will be about $11.99)

Or will you go out and buy the DVD/game thingy?

[​IMG]

For one i am very happy with these new maps... the old ones were getting rather boring....

2. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I was originally going to just download them, but since my XBOX has been experiencing problems lately I plan on just buying the dvd that way I have the dvd incase I get a new XBOX. I am also very happy with the new maps, but I was hoping to see Hang 'Em High back in some way.

3. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I'm gonna download the two free maps and then wait until the end of the summer before I go off to college and download the other maps when they are free :cool:

4. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I'll probaly download the first four maps, and then I'll buy the DVD/Game. I can get the other maps and the extra content, and I might get it just for the sake of that freaking cool box.

5. Phat_Pat thread starter macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Yeah thats probably what I'll do...

Gamespy has alot of images of these new maps along with some videos that are definitly worth checking out.

Can't Wait :D :cool:

[​IMG]

6. anotherjeff macrumors regular

anotherjeff

Since I'm cheap, I'm waiting to activate my free 2 months of xbox live on April 30th (It expires on the 31st) so that I can download the maps and give them a try, and if my subscription lasts for 2 months, I should be able to get the other maps when they are available.

But I'm sure people will have other ways to download them.

do you think blockbuster or gamefly would rent out the expansion pack dvd? Would that even work?

7. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

I'll be buying the first 4 (2 free), then i'm buying the DVD for the others. They need to add more playable characters, but i'm still buying.

8. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, these maps look sweet. I doubt any of them will be as good as Zanzibar though :p But that's okay. I'm glad Bungie is trying to give Halo 2 a more Halo 1 feel. With shorter length gernades, ect and remakes of older maps. It will make Halo 2 even better. :D

9. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I was just wondering something. If you buy the actual dvd of the new maps, do you save the maps to your xbox when you put it in, and then you just put the regular game in and play as normal? Or do you have to switch disks if you want to play old mpas then new maps then old maps again? If al you do is save the maps to your xbox when you buy the actual dvd, couldn't you just split the cost with your buddies and then everyone takes their turn putting the maps on their xbox's?

10. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure the other maps will just load on, while you have to view the extra content on the DVD.

11. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

So then i could basically get away with splitting the cost of it with my friends then we each load the maps on our own xbox's?

12. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Those maps look sweet, I will get them, but I wonder how much that disc will cost.

13. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Yes, if what I think is correct.

14. Phat_Pat thread starter macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

the disc is going to be $19.99 if i remeber right....

15. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Oh, well then I or my brother will definately get it. His Xbox Live subscription will be on my Xbox all summer, so these will be needed!

16. Phat_Pat thread starter macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Also if you don't want to spend $20 (iono why not) at the end of summer supposibly all the maps will be free :)

17. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

18. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I just have one complaint, and that's the release date. A Monday???? MONDAY??? I wish they could release the maps over vaction or something. I'm hardly going to have time to check out the new maps. I'm busy until about 6 PM and then I have other work to do. :p

19. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

A Monday release date actually makes perfect sense, since it will cause the rush of people to download the maps to be spread out over an entire 5-day work week before the weekend arrives... releasing them on a Friday or Saturday would cause the download servers to get KILLED.

20. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

That is true.

21. Phat_Pat thread starter macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

They are here

So what do you guys think?

I like them (I downloaded all 4) they all seem to have there own personality. Which is a good thing.

The only thing i'm a little dissapointed about is that they are not playable in matchmaking (yet). Although i can understand why.

Well in a week (supposibly) stats will be reset. Matchingmaking playlists will be updated. And i probably won't get much sleep :p

oh yeah did anyone else have problems downloading the $5.99 pack? I made 3 attempts before i finally got it to download correctly. Although I was only charged once. Nice of them to think that one through..... :) :rolleyes:

22. Devie macrumors 6502a

I got all maps. I love them all except Warlock. Sanctuary is the best of the four imo, and has taken second place in my most favourite of maps. (Zanzibar first ;) ).

23. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I just got the free maps so far, but I'm gonna have to pony up for the other 2 'cause everyone else I play w/bought them.

I like Containment and Warlock both. I'm glad there is a big, snow map in the game again (seems to be very well thought out), and Warlock is great for small rocketball or territories/crazy king matches.

Lethal

24. Tech^salvager macrumors regular

I'll proabably download the two free ones and get the rest on the disc.

25. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I had to download 3 or four times to get the freebies. I haven't purchased the other two yet.