HALO 2 PIRATED

Discussion in 'Games' started by switchedanhappy, Oct 14, 2004.

1. switchedanhappy macrumors regular

check out bungie.com

somehow halo 2 has made it's way to the public. bungie requests that anyone with info on this reports back to bungie. sometimes I hate the internet... :mad:

2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Yup, read it on slashdot earlier today.

A little disappointing, but maybe this will push up the official release date of the game.

I'm sort of surprised I haven't seen it on suprnova, or the like. :confused: Wonder if this will turn out like Doom 3 did.

3. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

hmm lets see:

-You need a Modded 'box to play it
    -its PAL
    -its in French
    -Cannot play on Xbox Live
    -its a 3GB+ download

I doubt this will affect sales of the game, or force them to push the release up...

4. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Bungie's site is down...Internal Error it says.

That sucks, but I doubt much will change. November 9th, cmon, that is less than a month away! Pretty good, no leaks until now, IMO.

5. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

^ yes that is true, but just recently it went Gold, so no Beta's or PreGold's were released, which is good.

Somehow it got leaked during the Localization process (hence why its in french)... so a certain "french guy" is in some deep shiznit ;)

6. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I agree, I personally think they're very lucky that they made it this far without a leak...

They're also really lucky the "scene" is being good about it... like xbconnect not supporting it until launch time.

As for the comments above, it got pulled from suprnova (supposively by MS), and it's a DVD9, but less than a 3 gig download.

The really bad thing about the early release is that players are going to start getting good at the game before it even comes out.

7. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

^ Microsoft cant "pull" anything off of suprnova, its based overseas. If they could just simply "pull" things off of it, there would be no Microsoft Products on that site, but there are, and tons of them too. I'm sure Suprnova pulled it themselves, same thing they did for the Half Life 2 Beta.

And its weird how its a DVD9, yet its only a 2.8GB download. I guess they really got it compressed for it to open up over 5GB's out of 2.8

8. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

I have some info for Bungie...

I know 4 sites that have it and over a thousand people have successfully downloaded it on each of those sites... Those are just 4 sites those.

Not to be rude but...Somone at Bungie is f@#!d !!!

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You say that like it's a bad thing :confused:

10. iZzle macrumors member

I may be behind in this, but will Halo2 coem out for Mac......and if so will it be on the normal release date? (doubted) :(

11. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

now now. that's a bit harsh. you should be thanking the person that did it, not the means by which they did it. if they started distributing it on DVD's, are you suddenly going to hate DVD's?

oh jeez, now where on earth could i get a mod chip from? those things are so damn rare and hard to find...
    like Nermal says, you're saying it like it's a bad thing? last time i checked, over here in Australia (and NZ) we use PAL Xbox's. :D
    well, that's a minor difficulty.
    yes, i'm sure people just want to jump on Xbox Live with their pirated copy of Halo 2.
    whoop-de-doo Basil! well, i'm all the more happy that i just got a unlimited 1.5mbit connection. :D

well yes, you're probably right there. it's going to be such a kick-ass game. i'm going to buy an Xbox when it comes out. :D

12. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

it not to bad. The multiplier is not all it is crack up to be.

13. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

*beats up cb911 and steals his connection*

14. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Have you played the Halo 2 multiplayer, or are you just basing that off of your experience playing Halo 1 multiplayer? I think that it could be quite fun having a Spartan/Covenant multiplayer action with intelligent re-spawning covenant. I just can't wait to see a warthog full of elites! :D :eek:

15. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

he he. :D thought you might like that. ;)

just found this on Bungie in that article...
    [​IMG]

on a side note.. while i was typing this, another damn tele-marketer called. :mad: they keep trying to get us to change our phone company... if anyone's got some really good ideas of what to say to them next time they call... let me know. ;)

16. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

I live in a collage dorm full of xboxs. Most of the people here know about P2P programs and what not. I can leave it to you to fill in the the rest of the blanks. A random Xbox had it on it and I had a chance to play it. I dont know who's xbox it was and I dont own an xbox.

17. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Yeah PAL is superior :) Richer colours not washed out colors. ;)

I'll wait until next month when my authentic copy appears ...HALO 2 is going to rock. :p

18. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

And what did you think? Does it feel the same but cooler?

19. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Thanking, eh? :D :p

20. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

For some odd reason.. i think timeless blur is full of crap

21. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I am going to agree with you on that one.

iJon

22. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

he played it at friends dorm, cuz they have p2p? That's not BS... 3 gig download. So his "friend" has a modded xbox, the right encoder for burning the dvd ( with xbox games, you can't just burn the files to a disk.), and he just happens to say it's alright. I'm sorry but I've been hereaing this same "my uncle works for bungie, and he brought me a copy it rulez/ sucks crap forever.

If you played it, take a picture.

23. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

I will say it better than the last one. We where playing on 3 xboxs in teams of 2. There are a lot of new guns. A convent sniper rifle, 2 convent guns I have no clue what to call them. All of the oringal guns but the assult rifle are there (Assult riffle was replaced by smg)

The battle rifle is really one of the best guns in the game. We never could figure out how to use the beam sword with all of it trick. It does have a 1 hit kill. You can play as convent in Mplayer. You player profile it quite a bit more consmizible. Now the interface I think is crap and it more confusing. Oh and a lot of the sounds are impoved and just sound better.

The rader is really bad. You are general really close when you see some on you rader (almost a good shot gun range). Heck it almost to the point where it would be better off. When you zoom in you loose rader

You all can choose to believe me or not. I will tell you that multiplier is better but just not. But the multiplier part of the game does not live up to is hype.

24. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

lol, I never said PAL was a bad thing, I was mentioning it because it wont work in America without a modded Xbox, so right that thats a huge chunk of people that it wont work for.

Also, not everyone has fast DSL/Cable connections, so downloading it is not an option, and 3GB's to download is a lot to some people

Also, sure PAL has "richer colors", but what you gain in resolution, you loose in frame rate ;)