Halo 2 still worth it?

Discussion in 'Games' started by floyde, Jun 19, 2006.

1. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

I was trying to decide wether or not to get Halo 2 to for my Xbox 360, now that it's only $30 USD or less. I never bought the original Xbox so I missed out on Halo 2 (I had Halo 1 for PC), so I thought: cheap + halo = can't go wrong. What do you guys think, is it worth it? Or will it be too last-gen for me?

2. smwatson macrumors 6502a

smwatson

Its not that it will be too last-gen, its that its not a particularly good game IMO. Not a great story, massive cliffhanger, not as.....good as Halo 1

3. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

I think Halo was vastly over rated as a game and the only cool but was the car/buggy.

4. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

I bought it because it was so cheap (£9.50 including the official strategy guide!) and its getting its second run-out at the mo as some of the guys I play on XBL with are still heavily into it. Because its so cheap its worth it - even just to get into the storyline for H3. You'll be able to pick them apu t a bargain price now!

Also the graphics on H2 are slighty upgraded on the 360 thanks to a patch...
    I say give it a go. Its so little money its worth the risk.

Unlike Battlestar Galactica the game.... that so wasn't worth any of my money!

5. jaxstate macrumors 6502a

I say get it. Very good game, if you ask me. The story is good, and the game play is even better. You won't find better AI in many games. I say get it hands down, and if you have XBOX Live, get it right now! This was the first game that I got 7 months of useage out of.

6. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

You should get for the multiplayer alone. I still play it every few days and Bungie has been good keeping gametypes fresh. The single player is fun, though I have slight issues with the sudden ending (I felt like it ended a few levels too early).

With the reduced price it is definitely worth it and it should tide you over until Halo 3 comes out next year.

7. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I dunno. The modders (i.e. those who cheated on XBL using soft/hard mods) really took the fun out of everything. Not sure if they're still around as I've been playing Tomb Raider, DOA 4, and COD 2 quite a bit.

Just be wary, the cheaters ruin it real fast.

8. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

I have live on a regular xbox, and still play Halo 2 online with my friend who has a 360. I like it.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

it wasn't worth it on launch day. that Single player never got upgraded.

10. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Yes get it. The campaign is enjoyable and the multi is still quite good.

11. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

12. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    i bought my xbox (used from a friend) for the sole reason of playing Halo 2 and i really enjoyed the game. Sure the cliffhanger ending means that i'll have to someday get a 360 so i can play Halo 3 but that'll only be when i can get one used for cheap.

13. G99 macrumors 6502

G99

It has to be said, Halo 2 is an excellent game. If you have never played it before, you will find it really addictive, if you're into that kind of game. Only problem is that now, Halo 2 online really sucks. The few people that play really have attitude issues...

14. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I dont really like the single player but love the live play. Its been said before, just watch out for modders or people deranking (killing themselves or not trying). Still a very fun game, and can't wait for Halo 3.

15. floyde thread starter macrumors 6502a

floyde

Hmm, so it seems that most people think it's a good game. I still can't decide if I should use the $30 to pay for the other half of G.R.A.W. though :)

16. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I actually decided to play HALO 2 again today and I'm loving it. It's been a while since I picked it up too. It's definitely just as much fun as it was before. I just need to buy myself a new headset since I've already gone through two.

17. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

You should be able to get it for cheaper than that! H2 cost me a quarter of what G.R.A.W costs...

18. Virtualball macrumors 6502

I say get it. I have it, the online is unbelievably fun and the single player is OK, its kinda short, but if you have a best friend and 4-8 hours to kill, then buy it! lol

19. LBmacman macrumors member

yeah get it, i bought it on launch day and it has to be one of the best multiplayer games of all time

theres this free LAN service that you can use with your mac to play system-link compatible xbox games over the internet, i think its called aquaduct or something. You'll need a hub to connect your xbox to. its good if youre too cheap for xbox live, but is no where near as easy to use as live is.

I say buy halo 2 only if youll play multiplayer over lan/live/aquaduct, but dont get it for the single player campaign, it sucks so bad IMO

20. LBmacman macrumors member

I hate to double-post but,
    If youre looking for some high quality xbox games to play on your 360 that can be found extremely cheap, consider the following
    ninja gaiden black (hard as hell, but its the best game on the xbox IMHO)
    doom 3 (always fun)

21. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Halo 2 was not all of that....a bunch of hype...but the multiplayer is cool.

Bless

22. benyaimin macrumors member

23. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Im sorry to say this but...Halo is....LAME...

hahah i said it:D

24. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

You should get it. Some people didn't like the ending.Who cares from start to finish it was fun as heck. I thought it was a better game than lots of the so called great games. metal gear solid has horrible controls, super mario sunshine had a wacky camera, and in grand theft auto san andreas you can't even look around when you are moving. The controls for halo2 feel perfect and its a great game muti-player. Well worth the money.Just but it used for $15 dollars.

25. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Super mario Sunshine had a perfect camera...and if you did not like the way it way positioned..all you had to do was use the yellow c-stick to move it were you would like it positioned....what so hard about that????