Halo 3 = November 2007?

Discussion in 'Games' started by clayj, Nov 3, 2006.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

So I'm at Gamestop last night reserving my Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive for next week, and the guy behind the counter starts trying to get me to put some money down on Halo 3. So I ask him: Got a release date yet? His answer:

November 2007.

That's right. A YEAR from now. So I'm supposed to give him some money to reserve something a YEAR in advance, during which time they get to pad their bottom line and earn some interest using my money?

Get real.

Personally, I'm still hoping for March 2007... but if it really is November, then I am not going to be investing in any more Halo stuff (faceplates, themes, etc.) until then.

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

Think about the delays to Twilight princess. It was delayed over a year-and-a-half from what I recall. And HL2 was delayed for a long time, too. It's not really the delays that bother me. I'd rather them make the game play and look excellent, without bugs. But I agree that a year preorder is a little excessive.

3. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

You are surprised? They haven't said much about it yet so I imagine the MS hype machine will need a good 6 months to milk the semi-decent Halo series to the max before release. Plus it would come out around GTA4, making a nice duo for the 360. Although if all goes to plan PS3 will have MGS4 by then, making a tough decision for some.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Unless MGS4 comes out on the 360 as the rumor sites are suggesting ;)

5. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

3 years from Halo to Halo 2, 3 years from Halo 2 to Halo 3. Not all too suprised

6. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Halo 2 was delayed for a g e s, so no great surprise.

Gives me a year to save up, unless Sega Rally 3 comes out and then i'm screwed.

7. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

Ha! That's how I have been feeling about the money I put down on the new Zelda over a year ago for the Gamecube, AND now Nintendo has put me on the back burner for the GC version of the game while they launch it on the Wii a month earlier. :mad:

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

If delays = better, then Duke Nukem Forever is going to be AMAZING! :eek:

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I dunno, HL2 was absolutely fantastic and TP looks to follow suite.

Halo 3 would turn me to a 360. I got an Xbox for Halo 1 after all.

10. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I believe bungie's official stance is "It will be ready when its ready." I remeber putting money doen for halo2 when the tease appeared a a year and a half before it was released. But I will wait till I get an official date this time around (not that I had a bad experience with whole reserve halo2 experience it was actually painless we got it then we had an all nite fragfest.)

11. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I don't get what is so killer-app about Halo, honestly I had so much more fun playing PC FPS, its a good game but honestly its just another FPS...

12. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Well what did it for me was playing co-op through the campaign and having a controller rather than a mouse and keyboard where i had to remember dozens of keystorke commands to play a simple shootemup. That combine it with the immersive music and it had me at 'HALO'

13. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Didn't they say they were gonna release Halo 3 this November in answer to the new consoles?

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

(to me) it was great because it took console FPS to a new level. That's why it was great to me. Graphics, story, I don't care it was the greatest console FPS since Goldeneye. That's where Halo 2 went wrong for me. they added nothing new apart from the horrendous dual-wield thing, oh and Arbiter. Ending? tch.

I liked it and it could never be done again. But trust someone to milk it. a lot of games designers could learn from the best british comedies, call it quits after 2 series and never look back! ah well.

15. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

Id rather play on my couch and online multiplayer is what makes Halo so much fun.

16. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I put my money down for Twilight Princess in 2004. *shrugs*

Fact is, you only put $5 down, and you can take it back at anytime. If you're going to buy it on launch day, why not preorder?

17. steelfist macrumors 6502a

well, that gives the developers some time to mess things up a bit. seriously, when one of the developers talked about nailing the 30 seconds of gameplay down and repeating it over and over again, i started laughing.

18. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Well if they got rid of dual weilding (out of step with Halo's future military realism) and most important of all..

INCLUDE NETWORK CO-OP

There, calmed down down.

19. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

I know it was just a rumor going around but wasn't Halo 3 supposed to lauch on the same day as the PS3?? If only Microsoft/Bungie could have pulled through on that...

On the other hand, anyone see the different versions of Halo 3 that will be available?? A regular version for $59.99, a collector's edition for $79.99 and the ultimate edition for $99.99. Seems a little crazy, $100 for a video game...

20. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Don't forget though, this is a microsoft product. They like their editions. :rolleyes:

21. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

Very true.

I'm still deciding if I want Vista standard, Vista ultimate, Vista platinum, Vista business, Vista small business, Vista media center, Vista lite, Vista value edition, Vista....you get the point :D

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Here in the EU we get Windows XP N edition. N I ask you! Something to do with lack of a media player for the most absurd reasons.

23. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Far as I remember, though, the Ultimate Edition comes with 4 disks of extra content and (of all the silliest game accessories...) a helmet :D

24. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Maybe the new version is sooo realistic that HHS required the use of a helmet to prevent injury. ;) :rolleyes: :cool:

25. clayj thread starter macrumors 604

clayj

You can blame your idiotic EU antitrust people for that one. Apparently most customers are too stupid to download RealPlayer when WMP is preinstalled.