HALO 3 : Screenshots

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Nov 21, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Here you go. These are from the multi-player and they are looking v.good.
    Never been the biggest Halo fan but will no doubt be getting the game simply because I'm in a clan and it will be a sure buy for the majority of players.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

Looks sweet. Too bad i'm not getting a 360, I'll stick with Halo 2.

3. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I loved the Marathon series, I might even go as far to say its my favorite computer game from the 90s... or at least its the best shooter (halo is practically marathon 4) but I just didn't find Halo all that good, I did played through it and liked it but I did not find it as memorable as the marathon games... maybe Halo 3 will convert me back to Bungie :p

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

What surprises me is this game is looking very good for a game that's still got 10-12 months more development time.. (assuming it released Oct-Nov 07)

5. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

MacRumorUser, I think you should be the official MR gaming insider! You always got the latest news on whats going on in the gaming world. I for one, appreciate it! Keep it up. BTW, I'm not a halo fan either but it does look VERY good.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

What really surprises me was that not too long ago (month or so?) did Bungie say they were testing out their new engine with placeholder sprites.
    This could mean these models and graphics really are just a step up from placeholder (Halo 2 sprites+textures with a tiny bit more detail? the tyres and certain models have obvious polygons sticking out, yet the background looks very nice indeed). Either way. Halo 3 could be good. I don't know who to trust when it comes to the reviews though, I mean everyone went on about how great GoW was, but my brother got it and playing it on a 480i screen with stereo sound really showed up how lacklustre the gameplay was. I imagine the same "HD excitement" over this when it's released.

Just be better than Halo 2, follow Halo 1 better and add some original (and not gimmicky) features and I'll be set.

7. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

This thing already looks amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on this.....one day....

8. savar macrumors 68000

savar

Is it going to take that long?? sheesh

Anyway, the screenshots look good. I really liked Halo and Halo 2 multiplayer .. single player was always lacking a little after you got over the graphics. The fantasy element of Bungie games usually turns me off to the storyline a bit.

But I'm hoping that Halo 3 will keep the same, refined mechanics and simply make the graphics and physics effects bigger and better. Can't wait for the H3 beta.

9. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

The only redeeming thing about Halo was its multiplayer, and since I dislike multiplayer FPSes, I hate it. The single player was lackluster—second half of the game was the first half backwards. I didn't even bother with Halo 2. It had the potential for so much more, and then Microsoft bought 'em and slashed the concept down considerably.

But it'll sell, and I'll bang my head against the wall bemoaning that every idiot and their mother plays the ****ing game and ignore true landmark accomplishments in gaming like ICO or Shadow of the Colossus.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh if we're going into true landmarks and you didn't mention Metroid Prime, Cave Story or Ikaruga? :eek:
    Or F-Zero GX :eek:

11. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I liked Halo, the only 2 games I have for my Xbox right now are Halo and Halo 2. Three is shaping up to be OK, and assuming the ~Nov '07 date is on it could be a good time for me to grab a 360. I'm hoping for a bundle of a 360 w/20gb HDD, wireless controller, HDDVD addon, a freebie HDDVD movie, and Halo 3 for ~$400-450 by then. Might happen. With Sony's complete bungling of the PS3 launch (only 200k units in the US by years end? please.) there's no pressure on MS to do much in the way of price drops any time soon. So we could see a big drop for next year on both the system and the HDDVD drive, along with some promotional savings for Halo3 launch/holiday sales... next years November sales will pretty much determine who wins the console war this generation, so it'll be important for MS to do something big.
    I couldn't disagree more. I'm a fan of multiplayer FPS's over any other sort of FPS, and I thought that the Halo multiplayer was just so-so, but the single player game was fun!

12. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Halo 3 is looking great! Any word on whether Blood Gulch/Coagulation will make a return? That map never seems to get old. :)

13. MacsomJRR macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

they all look exactly like Halo 2 to me... I gotta go check out all the extra stuff they are going to be adding to the game.

14. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

It does look good... but anyone else thinks that GoW steals a march on those screenshots as it currently stands?
    However, with that in mind, Bungie will polish the final game even more. With the sheer man hours behind H3, it should far outpass GoW in the looks stakes.
    As for gameplay, we'll see...:D

15. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Looks great, I missed out on Halo 2 so will defiantly be getting this.

16. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah thats what I was thinking too. A bit more HDR lighting and particle effects could really add that little bit extra those screen shots need.

But they have more than enough time to get it sorted.

17. Malus macrumors 6502

18. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

19. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    If I have to play as a covenant in single player again I'm going to burn the godamn disc.

20. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

playing as that elite in Halo 2 was fun. it added a bit of a twist and a different perspective.

21. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

22. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

It looks like halo 2 to me except for the "bloom" parts...I hope they add more of the team play because the solo "take on the army" thing is too lonely...I rather have my buddys getting clapped with me.

Bless

23. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

24. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

well, darnit MRU...

I need to forget these... I know they are early, so I will wipe them from my mind.

I really need this game to be SICK gameplay and beautiful in the looks department, so I'm chalking these up to early shots. After playing GOW and COD3 these really don't seem to be blowing my mind...

BUT, I do realize how early in the dev cycle it is, so I'll hold off for more later.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge though, MRU and yes, maybe you should be the official MR game ambassador.

25. socamx macrumors 6502

To me it looks like Halo 1 with higher resolution textures and some slightly fancier partical effects/bump mapping... which is what Halo 2 looks like to me compared to Halo 1.