Halo 3: What do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Games' started by AlBDamned, Dec 9, 2005.

1. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

With all the Xbox 360 happenings, I've been trying not to think too hard about Halo 3. But, this game is the only reason I'll be buying the new M$ machine. I don't really have the time to play video games (just sold my PSP cause I never had the time to play it), but I'll make an exception for the next adventure of Master Chief.

So, the question is, what do you want to see in Halo 3? I’m not involved in the slightest with the multiplayer version, though I was quite into the first one on that angle due to being at college. So here, I’m just talking about the single/co-op game, though of course discussion on the MP would be good and welcome.

On the peripheral, I'd like a return to the perfect physics of the first game (Halo 2 never felt as good for me), some more (better) weapons and maybe even the return of the original assault rifle. If the chain gun and other weapons could get taken off the warthog I'd be very happy. I know that’s unlikely though, so just some different and beefier weapons would suffice.

Now, the story is obviously the biggest part of single player/co-op Halo. In my opinion, the story of the first game is a big part of what made it so awesome. This huge battle, great storyline (pretty much unprecedented for an FPS) and the crazy scenarios the plot of the original could lead to really had me salivating for Halo 2. Oh boy, how I was disappointed.

Halo 2 pretty much sucked in every way for me but it's not worth going into it here. Needless to say I felt robbed when the credits rolled, having toiled through the unimpressive game.

So what can Halo 3 do to come back? Well, the big battle has to take place on Earth and, wow. The possibilities here are endless. Bungie really need to take us to the cleaners with the story and they need to go back to the original methodology of a progressive game. In Halo 2, there was very little to amaze you as you went on, it was all there in the first couple of levels and so the rest of the game held little to make you smile.

We also need some new Covenant screwballs to mess with and it’s time to get close and bloody with these guys. I’m not talking more melee attacks (much as I love ‘em) but maybe some close up, hand-to-hand combat with some satisfying conclusions and some bigger players as they bring in the heavy mob to take over our trashed planet.

Vehicles: Pretty happy as it is, though I wouldn’t pass the opportunity to fly something a little bigger than a Banshee and imagine the weapons we can get to grips with on a big ol’ Truth and Reconciliation-esque vessel. If Master Chief truly is mankind’s last hope, then we need to see him behind the wheel of whatever he needs.

More Spartans: Ahhhh, the big question. Are there any more Spartans? Those of you who’ve read the books will know what I’m talking about. John is the leader, but there are or maybe were several more. Did they survive? Tell us. Please.

Anyway, I’ve said enough already. I have more I’d like to see, but I’ll throw it in as and when. What do you want to see in Halo 3?

2. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

A better ending...more weapons...I like the multiplayer... it's good

3. AlBDamned thread starter macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

What sort of weapons though? What progression in the story?

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Different types of AI instead of the alien things. more human weapons, more of the earth missions(that was fun) like the call of duty type war zone.

Bless

5. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    i don't want to play as a covenant/alien. I want to be able to take out covenant drop ships with the tank, I want to see Earth be the main focus (like it was supposed to be in Halo 2), I want some new weapons that balance out better thant hose in halo 2, I want a 100% guarentee of no online modders.

I swear to God, If I ever manage to get the name and address of a modder, I will break his legs and fingers, and teabag his mother.

6. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Yeah that's something I was always looking forward to in H2. Hopefully they will be more of that when H3 comes around.

7. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

haha... I'm going to go out of my way just to find a modder and give you his address.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Teabag their momz......HA HA HA priceless.

Bless

9. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

... I dunno.... just better

10. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I'm the exact opposite of the original poster, the multiplayer is what I live for in the halo series. I played the single player through once and haven't touched it since, I only play on live.

As far as the story goes, I need some type of closure at the end of each game, the ending in 2 really pi$$ed my off. I was just starting to get into the story at the end. Definitely need more battles on earth as some have said. I would like to see the option of playing the single player version online, so say my friend who lives in another town can do the co-op with me,that would be fun. I could talk more about stuff I would like to see in the multiplayer, but that is not what this thread is about.

11. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Ditto. Halo2 had several problems, but this was my personal one. I've no interest in playing anything but the Master Chief.

In Halo10 I could see them doing this, but Halo 2? Uuugh... :confused:

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

halo10?.......on the xbox789045. i really wish i had more help with the army dudes....they suck.

Bless

13. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

The ability to lean.... geez legendary would have been so much more fun......

14. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY AS THE COVENENT

I just feel nothing, when i go back to Halo 2 i tend to skip the Arbiter sections.

But most important.

NETWORKED CO-OP GAMES!!

I could forgive Bungie for not putting it in Halo, as they were under a massive deadline, but for the love of God why could'nt we connect 2 xBox's together and play networked Co-Op games?

15. Uma888 macrumors 6502

As above, but It would be greate if it supported up to 8 players (2 players per console)(like serious sam)

it is technically possible

I would also like all the orignal lelvels to return, cant beat "chillout shotguns" :p

also, i would like bungie, NOT to remake any of the original levels

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Decent single player
    A finished game (not with an absurdly terrible ending like Halo 2)
    NO, i repeat NO Arbiter or whatever he's called
    Take out the terrible weapons. Halo 1 had the weapons thing sorted. 2 thought it was too cool.

17. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

18. savar macrumors 68000

savar

What about the physics don't you like? I didn't like the feel of Halo 2 at first either, but after the first online update I was much happier with it.

My wish list (in no particular order):
    1) Lots more earth missions
    2) Not play as covenant
    3) Better storyline (the 2nd was terrible, but even the first one dragged real badly at points)
    4) Better ending (Halo 1's last mission was great)
    5) A human equivalent of the ghost...some kind of motorbike or ATV. (Was supposed to show up in H2 but got cut for some reason...there are drawings of it on the H2 special edition DVD.)
    6) Much larger online games: 32 players would be nice, but it would be killer if XBox live would host games up to say 128 players on ultra-huge maps. The key is that XBox live has to be the host, because very few people have the bandwidth (and I doubt even 360 has the spare processing) to host 128 players at once.
    7) Better control over NPCs...not to turn this into a squad shooter, but a better way to protect your marines and maybe make them useful. H2 was a big step in this direction but I'd like to see more.
    8) At least one default game type where there's a limit to the # of lives you get. So many so-called objective games turn into rugby: a whole bunch of frags right around the ball/flag in midfield. Plus its hard to kill 2 or 3 defensive players in less than 10 seconds, unless they're stupid and standing right next to each other. By the time you hunt them down and kill the last one the first ones have already respawned and are killing you. Also for playing sneaky strategies on large maps...when you play defense on something like Blood Gulch (whatever its called in H2), its rewarding to swap lives with somebody else because you'll respawn much closer.
    9) Moveable turrets. In single player its possible to move turrets to new positions using grenades, but come on: master chief should be able to pick them up and place them exactly where he wants them. In multiplayer this would be really key, because it gives you a lot of control over your defenses.
    10) Other defensive strategy items. I reallly liked in older games like Duke Nukem the weapons that could be used as booby traps and the video cameras. In a large complex, especially on an earth map, it would be real nice to be able to deploy those during an objective game. It would take strategy to a whole new level and reduce the repetitiveness of games.
    11) Protection from modders: the game executable really should be checksumming itself and the maps. There's no excuse for such a tightly controlled system to have security flaws which enable modding in online games.
    12) Better protection from laggers. Even those who don't mod can change the dynamics of game play by intentionally lagging their connection. When this happens, game statistics should be invalidated, and that person should not be chosen to host future games.

19. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Just one thing for me:

MULTIPLAYER ONLINE COOP!!! Please gives us missions with 8-16 man squads on the same team. Think, you and 7 buddies with your own screen killing thousands of aliens... :cool:

20. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

Bots on Multiplayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you the number of times that me and 1 or two friends have been playing together. It just is not that fun without bots for multiplayer. I do not think that they should be online, however defiantly on a network or on one xbox.

21. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

22. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

Microsoft should host online games. We are paying big bucks for Xbox Live, why should we have to host the games on our lame connections?

23. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I think we should make some steps back towards the original Halo, to me it seems to be the pure version of Halo, with Halo 2 being somewhat off-color.

24. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Yeah, I agree with most of you.

1. No playing as the arbiter loser..that sucked!!!
    2. Online Co-op
    3. Better weapons
    4. MUCH better story
    5. Some kind of huge ( and I mean like freakin insane size) invasion with thousands of aliens and marines battling it out... kinda like some of the big battles in Lord of the Rings.
    6. And last but not least.... Master Chief has to bite it at the end. Some kind of intense ending where he has to sacrafice himself to save mankind.

25. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

prone position; can go under vehicles without dying
    online co-op
    a real ending (like a conclusion to the series)
    auto-fire on covenant tank actually works for players instead of just covenant
    the flamethrower from halo for pc, available in single-player
    real-time reflections of mr. chief's mask like there were supposed to be in halo 2 (this is a given)
    more exploration into cortana (what is she exactly?)
    a handheld gauss cannon type thing (a recreation of the 50-caliber sniper maybe)
    free halo 3 faceplate for xbox 360
    human equivalent of ghost
    huge, ginormous final battle with multiple spartans in a major earth city (new york, tokyo, london, w/e) leading to its destruction (would be cool, but i dont see it happening)

as great as halo and halo 2 were, there's always room for improvement. i'm sure most of those won't be implemented, but i'd still like to see them.