Halo 3

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by supermacdesign, Mar 31, 2006.

1. supermacdesign macrumors member

Feb 1, 2006
    Well it's official Halo 3 arrives March 2007. Just a couple months ahead of the movie I imagine. 2007 will be the year Halo is like the only game talked about. To bad it was almost exclusivly an Apple game waaay back in the day.

I for one cannot wait, I am a Halo junkie and still play Halo 2. Xbox Live is where its at.
  2. Timepass macrumors 65816

Jan 4, 2005

You might like to know even though it was almost an Apple game way back in the day it was not going to be really anything like what halo is today. When M$ took over they change it quite a bit and made it the huge game it is today. It was never orginally slated to be much like it turned out to be
  3. Stella macrumors 604

Apr 21, 2003
    I played Halo for 20 minutes and got bored and never understood the interest in it...

Yet another boring FPS.

The release of Halo 3 depends on Vista... H3 requires Vista - so be prepared for the release date to be pushed back...!
  4. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Aug 11, 2005
    Behind the lens
    Halo, when it was a mac ONLY game, it was a damn good showcase of:

physics engine(s)
    vehicles for FPS

most importantly

But yes, its just another FPS if you actually want to boil down its mechanics.
    But in reality, like Half Life breathed life (no pun intended) into PC FPS, Halo did the same for consoles (cough cough Goldeneye still rox)

I argue that 2007, if all goes well, will be the year of

people will see the nintendo Revolution (not a fanboy just speculatin') and notice games arent about hot graphix n crap, its about having fun and enjoying playing. I think the Rev and games like Spore will make people look for MORE in their video games.
  5. ToddW macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2004
    the release or halo 3 has nothing to do with vista. it is going to be released for xbox 360. halo just isn't for computers, it is a console game first.
  6. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Jul 8, 2005
    I am lining up 9 days before to make sure I get my copy
  7. supermacdesign thread starter macrumors member

Feb 1, 2006
    Halo 3 has nothing to do with Vista.

Halo 3 will be gigantic which will generate buzz for the film together will easily make Halo 3 the game to have in 07.

What makes Halo 2 so great is the LIVE component, the campaign is great but the live experience redefined what online gaming is and can be. Friend lists, parties, clans it was an awesome way to getogether with buddies from around the nation and world.

Goldeneye is a classic, I agree.

Spore looks very interesting but I need action. I am an online FPS junkie.

I agree nintendo makes some of the best games and pioneers some of the most innovaive types of gameply but there strategy to pass on HD and to assume gamers don;t care about graphics is retarded. Give us innovative gameplay, even with the fancy new controller but make sure the presentation looks up to par. The Revolutions specs are below what the firsts Xbox had. Thats really sad. I love Nintendo but this is the last console for them. They will be nothing but portbales in the future.

I am lining up 10 days before the game comes out.
  8. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    will it be for 360 only, what about the old school Xbox?
  9. savar macrumors 68000

Jun 6, 2003
    District of Columbia
    I thought Bungie was in the middle of working on Oni when they got bought out? Oni was supposed to be revolutionary -- and Mac first.
  10. mjstew33 macrumors 601

May 29, 2005
    Chances are that it'll be only for 360 with all it's super graphic crap.
  11. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Nov 20, 2002
    I can find anything on Bungie's site about Halo 3, where was it officially announced?

Are you sure it's not a April Fool's joke?
  12. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Apr 16, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    360 only. It would take them forever to have to write the game for both PPC and Intel. Plus I don't think the old Xbox is good enough for Halo 3.