Halo 3?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by beatsme, Nov 9, 2006.

1. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

wondering if there are any Halo fans on the thread, and if so, what they'd like to see in the new version.

I'm thinking artillery cannons would be cool...

2. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

yeah, halo fan here.

there will be announcements soon from Halo world. They will be coming with PS3 product. it may even remain PS2 compatible. but the nicer one will be PS3.

i wish it remained like the old days, where the developer would come out with Mac/PC dual release discs.

But... PC games sales are way lower now. Consoles have taken over.

3. eb6 macrumors regular

In the original there was a point in the snowy section that you were in a huge open field with alien tanks and huge numbers of enemys...more of that stuff. Other than that, I'm pretty content with halo 2 so anything more is gravy.

4. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Huge Halo fan here! :D :)

I agree, the big battle scenes are really cool. :)

6. eb6 macrumors regular

I read somewhere that players will have their secondary weapon straped to their back/leg when not in use. That will be cool. No more sneaking around with a sword or rocket with no one knowing.

7. beatsme thread starter macrumors 65816

beatsme

that would be cool...you have those games where you run into the shotgun guy, the sword guy, and then the rocket guy over and over and over...:mad:

8. beatsme thread starter macrumors 65816

beatsme

I'm kind of at the point where I don't much care about the play-through on the actual game, I just want to play on XBox Live. It's always more fun to play against other people.

I had heard that either Microsoft or Bungie (dunno who) is going to have actual game servers, and that the tunneling thing is going to be dropped, which will kill off the modders :D

any truth to that?

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I gave up on Halo 2 since that horrific ending. Bungie do not deserve my time, attention and money since they thought that was a viable ending.

Now Halo 1. Classic. Redefined gaming, pity only one get gets noted as a revolution and the rest as copies (Halo 2).

10. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

mmkay. Halo is made by Bungie. Bungie is owned by Microsoft. Microsoft owns Xbox. PS2/3 is one of their biggest rivals in the gaming sector. why would they give them their flagship game? thank you :p

but anyway Halo could use... i have no idea. seems pretty perfect to me. Well 4 player co-op would be nice.

11. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Halo 3 would be perfect if it added just ONE feature: The ability to prevent anyone under the age of 18 from playing the game online.

Can't tell you how distressing it used to be to fire up Halo 2 and end up playing against a bunch of screaming 13-year-olds.

12. beatsme thread starter macrumors 65816

beatsme

no kidding. The kids are the freakin' worst. I've long wanted a room for those who are 25 and older...

13. beatsme thread starter macrumors 65816

beatsme

I think they're going to include this, actually...4 player co-op over XBox Live would be the bomb...

14. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    What would I like to see?

An ending that isn't so ******, for one. I about threw my TV out the window when Halo 2 ended.

NO MORE PLAYING AS THE COVENANT. For Christ's sake. Take it out. No one wanted to play as them, especially not for over half the damn game.

FIGHTING ON EARTH. That's right, like we were promised for Halo 2. Not "one level on earth is good enough," we want the whole game in urban combat settings Bungie!

Patches against modders. That's right. Bungie needs to accept that they're lazy and suck and need to prevent modders from online games.