Halo Cheats...

Discussion in 'Games' started by TENBLUE7™, Jan 24, 2005.

1. TENBLUE7™ macrumors member

...are there any cheats via the use of the console?

Done many searches via google only to return usual link link link xbox, pc crap I am so sick of seeing.

Finished it three times now and just fancied having a bash with the shotgun and rocket launcher all the way through.

Thanks

2. chv400 macrumors 6502

There are no cheats that i know of but htere are some glitches that could be onsidered cheats. In the first stage theres a way to get 3 weapons but only in the first stage. Also in another (not sure which but can only be done with co op) there is a way to make all the enemies jsut disappear from the rest of the stage leaving only vehicles. Halo just isnt one of those cheat games.

3. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

I was reading somewhere that killing the Captain on the bridge will release the "Super Marines." Haven't tried it yet, and maybe this is just for the XBOX and PCs.

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

that pretty much just turns everyone against you, but it's a lot of fun. they like call you a traitor and stuff, at least in the xbox version

5. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

No, it works. You can't kill them no matter how much you want to. Why doesn't the human race just use them? :p

6. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Really!! I should try this! And do they end up killing you?

Maybe these "super marines" are human's secret weapon in case we fail.

Any other tricks or "easter eggs" on Halo for Mac?

7. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

The marines will attack you if you kill one of their number.

Havn't tried killing the "captain" by this do people mean Sgt. "Oh, i know what the ladies like" Johnson.

One of the side effects of the Halo games is that i always try and keep the marines alive, the AI is so good and the banter between them makes everything seem more "human"

8. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

I believe it's captain keyes on the bridge, and not the Sgt. Johnson.

9. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

And to this day I'm still waiting for one of them to say "Frog blast the vent core!" :D

10. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

ROTFL. That would be too much fun! Hopefully they put some cool stuff from the Marathon series into Halo 3.

11. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Shoot the Marines and they shoot you.

But in the Sidewinder map, you can launch a Ghost out of the map if you drive a tank to the highest portion of the map, angle the turret downward, and allow a ghost to jump off the tank.

12. applekid macrumors 68020

Halo.Bungie.org has a section on the easter eggs.

And "Oh, I know what the ladies like" is from Halo 2, thank you :)

13. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

14. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Well I keep my marines alive if it's my first time playing the level or I want to go through it completely, but sometimes for fun I will just shoot all the marines.

Eevee-Yes, they end up killing you. There is no escape...

15. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Master Chief should be renamed "Master Judas!" pgc6000, I will try to kill Capt. Keyes on the bridge and shoot all the marines. I will see how many I can kill before getting killed!

Mechcozmo, thanks for the info on launching the Ghost from the map! Will try it.

Hemingray, don't understand what "Frog blast the vent core!" means? Sorry everyone if it's very obvious. Been at work too...long. Doesn't help with the snow and cold weather outside. Need a beer...

16. applekid macrumors 68020

Just straightening your quotes out. Sheesh!

17. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

I don't need my "quotes straightened out" thank you very much.

I simply prefer that line from Sgt Johnson.

Hoo-Ra!!

18. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

It was just one of the crazy quotes that the Bobs would utter in the old Marathon series games (which Halo has some ties to.) Basically the Bobs were to Marathon what the Marines are to Halo. I love the fact that they incorporated the Marathon logo into the Halo series. :)

19. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

which logo is this?? Do you have any pictures we could compare?

20. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

This site goes into more detail than I could even begin to explain. With pics, of course! :p

21. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

22. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

What an opportunity Apple lost in not investing in Bungie/Halo. Regarding Microsoft: "The world's largest software company cited sales of server products and its Halo 2 video game as main drivers of its results."

Halo/Halo2 - if developed properly - could have driven Mac sales, not to mention generated very significant revenue in its own right.

23. neonart macrumors 65816

neonart

You know, I've thought the same thing, while sometimes I think that it would have just been another good title on the Mac and no-one in the console or PC world would've noticed anyhow. At the time (and even now) Apple was not into promoting the 'gaming side' of the Mac. They have a webpage on it, just not to pro-active about it.

Had Microsoft not gotten Halo, they may have done the same thing with some other game. They were gunning for console hype regardless of title.

But it would've been nice if all that Halo hype would have gone to the Mac platform...

24. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

It would have taken longer for it to become to popular, but yes it probaly could have increased mac sales. I mean, how many people bought an Xbox just for Halo and Halo 2? If people had bought a mac just for Halo, they would have discovered the other great features of Mac.

25. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

Don't forget that Halo debuted at a Macworld. I forget which one. Probably about 2 years before the xbox.