Halo: Combat Evolved Cheat codes

Discussion in 'Games' started by KidLoco, Oct 7, 2004.

1. KidLoco macrumors newbie

I need some cheat codes for Halo, particularly "God mode" so that I dont die. I like to follow along with the story as opposed to exercising my gaming technique.

Any help would be great.

thanks!

2. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

There are none. Or at least, none that anyone knows about.

3. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I think I read somewhere on these forums that Bungie doesn't like cheats in their games.

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

If you like the story, there have been a bunch of novels written on the Halo/Mast Chief/Covenant topics, search Amazon, I'm sure you can come up with something. Or, find a friend that's really food at Halo, and watch him beat it! :D

5. KidLoco thread starter macrumors newbie

Well its more of the "interactive" story aspect that I enjoy.
    Every game should have cheat modes, not just for people like me to enjoy the interaction of the story, but also for people that don't want the "puzzle" part of the gaming experience.

6. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

There are none, and it makes the game sooo much better. I'm a sucker for cheats and went looking for them half way through the game. Anyway, the game is really really easy and you just respawn every time at the last check point so all is well...

Its not a very big game though, only took me 4 afternoons of about 3 hours each. Expected it to take 'months'.

7. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Puzzles? I don't remember any puzzles in Halo?

8. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

They don't and never have. BUT you need to keep in mind that Halo wasn't published or ported by Bungie... it was remade by GearBox and has an in-game console. Similar things happened to Oni which was published by GodGames, and against Bungie's usual anti-cheat policy, Oni had a series of cheat codes available at the end of the game.

9. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

there wernt any cheats for the xbox version but there were plenty of hidden little treats ;) (that i assume are in the Mac version too....)

10. applekid macrumors 68020

Oni had my most favorite cheats ever. It was nice how you can turn it into a Matrix-like game with the right cheats. The game itself was sorta disappointing by what it could've been.

Yep, those easter eggs are still in the Mac and PC versions. Some good stuff if you know what to look for. Bungie even places easter eggs in their source code. There was a MacTeens.com article, I think, where I believe it was Phil Sulak pointing out some of the ASCII art in their code comments.

11. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I never knew you could be food at a videogame.

Sorry.

12. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

has anyone had a glitch in halo when in a cut scene there are still enemys about so you see master chief get shot to **** with helo's defenses and die and continue talking.

13. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

I think thats just further proof that there is no "invulnerability" cheat in Halo since the Master Chief is never invulnerable.

14. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

he is when i'm in control ;)

gold elites pfft wusses.

15. Man'O'Legends macrumors newbie

umm..yeah..

There are cheats, but unless you know how to access developers mode, there's no way the cheats will work.

There are codes at Gamewinners.com, but the developers mode has got me stuck.Codes include spawning weapons, vehicles, and power-ups. Infinite ammo and super jump are useful too.

16. applekid macrumors 68020

I think the cheats you are referring to are for Halo CE.

There was some game cheating app (Game Doctor?) that can sorta help you cheat in Halo.

17. Man'O'Legends macrumors newbie

um..yeah

Yeah the codes I'm talking about are for Halo CE, and game doctor doesn't have halo in its directory. i'd use 'game cheater' off of Tucows, but i don't what I'm messing with when it come to changing values via binary.

18. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    There are cheats (exploits) for halo 1 on the xbox. U need a modded xbox though, which I have. I dont cheat though, so I dont have the expliot and therefor cant tell you where to get it. Im sure it could be found on xboxsaves.com though. The thing is, u cant use the mod on Xbox Live for long, as you will get banned, therefore it is impossible to cheat on Xbox Live. You could use the expoit, but usually you will be banned withing 48 hours, cause the chip has to be in use.