Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rideahyperLite

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2003
ok i just bought halo and i was wondering if there is any way that i can use my xbox controller with halo. i have a usb converter and i use my xbox controller with my super nintendo emulator and it works fine but it doesnt seem to work with halo. is there a patch or something that i am missing or is this just not possible. it seems that there should be a way to do this since microsoft makes the game and the controller. thanks

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
Controller better than keyboard and mouse, eh?

lol.

I bet you get trashed pretty good in multiplayer, don't you?

Myself, I reccomend the Nostromo N45 Dual Analog gamepad for all things gamepad-needed.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...502881-7607967?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846

I bought it when I ordered my Mac copy of Rayman 3, but, well, when that got pushed back to late january, I ended up cancelling it anyway. lol. Works wonders with Tony Hawk 4, Descent 3, and others.

shake

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
i get smoked when i play with a keyboard and mouse or a controller! LOL :D
i have been playing console games (xbox, ps1/2) for a while, so i am very much used to a controller (especially the BIG xbox one cuz i got huge mitts). and an adapter to use my existing xbox controller is great IMO.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
I dont blame this guy since Halo doesnt allow for Full use of the keyboard. Halo could have been a simply awesome game but it looks like it was screwed up by Microsoft,Gearbox,Westlake,Macsoft & Bungie. worst port i have seen this year.

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me
I dont blame this guy since Halo doesnt allow for Full use of the keyboard. Halo could have been a simply awesome game but it looks like it was screwed up by Microsoft,Gearbox,Westlake,Macsoft & Bungie. worst port i have seen this year.

I'm not blaming him at all, I'm just trying to have a little fun with the fellow.

;)

rideahyperLite

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2003
yeah well i cant use a keyboard and mouse. its terrible. but i just found this on macsofts website.. it really pisses me off that they wouldnt include gampad support. if anyone has found a way to get a controller to work let me know thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.