Halo Demo Problem

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by eliteneo, Oct 31, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Hey
    I just bought the New Macbook 2.4 GHZ
    and when i went to play the halo demo the radar is just white... it only happens when i play.... is the new computer at fault or?
    and where can i buy the full game of halo 1 ? cause the apple doesn't carry it
    and where in general can i buy apple games besides the apple store?
    so it was the same problem that this person had
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=365128
    but i didn't see a fix?

2. macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

The demo is PPC only, but as for Halo 1 itself it is no longer sold as new. You might be able to find a used copy, or a surplus one somewhere.

3. macrumors newbie

Halo on Macintosh

I need to know if Halo can be downloaded, played, whatever on a mac without the requirement of buying a disk. I also need to know if this is possible, what application i need to open it with.

4. macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Illegally, sure, but good luck playing online if you take that route. You can play Halo without a disk, but you have to install Halo via the disk first. The download is available here. To the OP: looks like there are three copies available here at Amazon, but they're not cheap.

5. thread starter macrumors member

so there is no fix for the problem? and i take it the computer is at fault then?
    anyone know a store that sells mac games?

6. macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

There is no fix for the problem, and it's really the fault of neither system nor software, just the fact that the demo has not been made a Universal Binary. If you see that Amazon link there are some copies available, but they're quite expensive.

7. macrumors newbie

You can only buy it used!

Microsoft yanked the licensing for the game, so it can no longer be sold new.

Once you get a used copy, you can buy the Universal Binary so it will work on a Intel Mac.

http://www.macgamestore.com/detail.php?ProductID=616

It is very pricey used. I sold mine for $75 on Ebay, good luck.

Also, they updated the PC version a little while back, but not the Mac, so i hear the servers are pretty desolate for online play.

8. macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I wouldn't know about that, I logged on a couple days ago and saw well over a hundred servers.

9. macrumors member

MacSoft released an update for Halo to put it back in sync with the PC code four days after the PC version was updated.

http://www.destineerstudios.com/support/halo.html