HALO demo

Discussion in 'Games' started by clykins90, Mar 23, 2005.

1. clykins90 macrumors regular

clykins90

Is there a Halo demo out for the mac? where is it? If there isn't, is there a way to get the PC demo to run on the mac? I want to get it, but I want to make sure it'll run first.

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

The specs in your sig look like it should run alright with one more question. What kind of video card do you have? That would determine whether it will run or not.

3. clykins90 thread starter macrumors regular

clykins90

It is a Radeon 9000 pro 128mb (on an agp 2x). My dillema is that the COD demo wouldn't run on it (see my other post). Could it be the AGP 2x or the slow pc100 memory?

one more thing, I was looking around in system profiler, I noticed that I had 2 64 MB modules running a PC100 and a 512mb module that I put in running at pc 133. Will that make a difference?

4. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

No, there is not a Halo demo and No, there is no known way to make the the pc demo work on Mac. With your specs I say you are fine to run the retail version of CoD. I play the game on medium settings with my PB (see sig). You might have to turn the settings down a little more, but you will be fine.

Halo is a much more demanding game than CoD. What I mean is Halo takes more processing power and graphics power to run well. With your system you should be able to play Halo with most settings on low, but that makes the game look awful (I have also played Halo on my system). The last patch that came out for Halo really made a big difference in performance. I was able to turn on pixel shaders and the game looked awesome and still ran reasonably well.

My advice is to go buy CoD. You should be able to run the game well.

5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

What's your actual computer? Sounds like a Sawtooth or other early PowerMac G4. The 2x AGP does make a difference, but having a PC133 module of RAM won't affect anything; it will only run as fast as your system bus (100MHz).

6. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

There is a "half version" of Halo for the PC, but none for mac

I play Halo on my PB (1.5 Ghz, 128VRAM) and it's pretty good. Once you buy it, make sure you update it to 1.5.1. to get more servers for multiplayer!!!

7. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Oh, one more thing, make sure you have or get a two button mouse! You'll die with "Control click" when throwing grenades (too slow!!!)

8. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

9. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

I prefer the right mouse button for reloading, personally. I keep grenades close to the arrow keys with the "," key. The "." key is melee, and the "?" key is switch weapons. And of course a scroll wheel comes in handy for zooming in with a scope!

10. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Intresting. I hate the "shift" key for changing weapons. I should change it to the scroll wheel.