Halo Excitement Is Building!

Discussion in 'Games' started by SuperEagle, Nov 30, 2003.

1. SuperEagle macrumors newbie

I am a fan of Halo for the X-box, but im wondering, will it be as great for MACs. I know that you can't escape the love for mouse aiming but i don't know how much ill like the actual game. I want to know what multiplayer will be like and will there be a lot of the cut and paste aspect as the X-box. Halo is more of a firepower game then a level design game, i mean don't get me wrong i love the levels, but there is a lot of things that look the same in the outdoors portion of the game. Is anyone else looking forward to this game for MAC?
    THX

2. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I played the demo on my friend's PC and there is really not that much different at all. However, the Fuel Rod gun in multiplayer is sweet. Semi-automatic plasma blasts with the destuctive power of rockets...mmmmmmmmm.

3. SuperEagle thread starter macrumors newbie

THX i was worried about it but i am now willing to pay 50 bucks for my copy of halo!

4. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

Mac owners excited over a microsoft product release:confused: Could it be:p

5. Paenis macrumors newbie

I find unless your computer realy boots console ports are always a bit dissapointing they never run as smooth, they look so good on 640x480 tv's! With the exception of GTA 3 (only on PC unfortunately) that was heaps better than the somewhat fuzzy PS2 version. In order to get the same level of pace and detail i'm used to with Halo I may have to go Dual2 w/9800, if only

6. Paenis macrumors newbie

Not so excited about Microsoft, but Bungie get me going, Marathon converted me all those years ago...

7. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Hah, And bungie belongs to whom :rolleyes:

8. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

I've seen many praises and complaints about this game on PC. Many bitch about performance, saying that they have some 2Ghz+ Athlon with a gig of ram and 64mbs video card and it performs like crap. Others complain that there are not enough stuff in there added. And for those who beat halo before, not much in there to explore.
    Others bitch that internet is a Free-For-All. Noone is moderating the thing and people just FLOOD with messages and kill own teamates.

I will wait to see the reviews about Halo (mac) when it comes out. But I doubt it's worth 50 bucks. especially knowing that halo 2 is coming for xbox in 3 months....

9. alset macrumors 65816

alset

A friend has been playing it for a month and says the graphics engine is redesigned. Personally, I could care less about better graphics when I sacrifice a killer controller (XBox controller beats every other, hands down) and play the game two years late. What a joke. I'll be beating Halo 2 when the computer version of the original gets a second wind.

Dan

10. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Before Microsoft Bungie, Halo was announced at Macworld SF 2000 (I think that was the one) as a Mac-first release. Then came M$ and Halo became an Xbox launch title.

11. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I know Halo was first shown at a Mac World by Bungie, but it wasn't a "mac-first" release, was it? I've heard it had to be ported from the PC version they were working on to show it at mac world... still sad what happened nonetheless.

12. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Well, whatever it was the sad fact is that Halo is just now coming out for Mac when it would have been here a year or so ago.

13. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

It would have been super sad that if the rumors were true that Halo 2 did come out in Nov with a surprise release, that would have meant Halo 2 was out before Halo 1 even hit mac... oh well :)

14. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

My opinion of a surprise release is a Mac version of Halo 2 coming out at the same time as the Xbox version :)

Actually, while I'm on the topic of surprise releases, if I ever made a highly-anticipated game (like that's ever going to happen!), I wouldn't say anything about system requirements until launch day, and on launch day everyone will suddenly find out that it's Mac-first :)

15. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Well, we're three days out from when it's to be released. Dum dum dummmmm....

16. yougert2k macrumors newbie

ive got a 733 mhz G4 with 400 mb of ram. It says minimum is 800 mhz and 256 ram. Should i even buy it. Im willing to play it running slow. Im just worried ill buy and and it wont even start. what do you guys think?

17. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Minimum is just that minimum, i have found when it comes to AAA games its usually about right if you can double what the minimum is. i would tell yougert2k to not to get it unless he is planning to upgrade or get a new machine. welcome to Motorola's world. My wife is supposed to have this for me for christmas( hope thats not to politicaly incorrect to use the word CHRISTMAS!