Halo For mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by KiDrOck80, Aug 22, 2003.

1. KiDrOck80 macrumors member

KiDrOck80

anyone plan on buying HALO:Combat Evolved? I got this from MACCENTRAL.com

"Microsoft is fulfilling a promise," Tamte told MacCentral. "This is further evidence that Microsoft wants to see their best games come to the Mac."

"Our goal is for Mac and Windows users to battle each other on foot, in vehicles, and in the air next summer when the best first-person shooter ever created comes to both Macintosh and Windows," said Destineer president Peter Tamte.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm thinking that I'll be picking it up, although only my machine at work will probably be able to handle the graphics until I get a G5.....

I've been waiting years for this, when Bungie first started talking about it. Don't even get me started on the M$ buyout....:mad:

D

3. KiDrOck80 thread starter macrumors member

KiDrOck80

Does anyone know what the Requirements will be for this game?

4. Madscientist_UK macrumors newbie

This is a quote from an interview at http://www.computerandvideogames.com

"What kind of system would I need to achieve the same graphics quality on the Xbox?

Pitchford: You're looking at a GeForce 4-level card - not the MX, as the MX is a GeForce 2. If you're looking at better, you need a Radeon 9800 or GeForce 56100 FX. For minimum spec, you can go all the way down to a DX7 card, such as the GeForce 2. We're actually testing the game on laptops. It's not going to look as good without pixel shading, but the cool thing is that the fundamental gameplay is there and the performance is really good."

There is no official announcement about the minimum spec but this should give you some idea.

Bear in mind that Randy Pitchford works for Gearbox who are doing the PC port. However they are working pretty much hand in hand with Westlake giving them all the code for PC Halo so I imagine that Mac Halo wouldn't be too different.

5. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Halo's a cool game... I would be interested in seeing some framerate benchmarks in Halo when it comes out: Nastified G5 (9800 pro, 2GB+ RAM etc etc.) vs. Alienware gaming rig.

6. ChoMomma macrumors 6502

ChoMomma

I'll buy it once it comes out for sure. :D

Been waiting since 99... :(

I plan on getting a 2nd gen G5 (laptop or tower)... so my Dual 867/1Gig ram & Radeon 8500 will have to do for now :)

7. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Halo is pretty old and stale now. Only reason they are releasing it is that Halo 2 will be out soon. I hope they make some good mods for Halo 1 though... they could be its only saving grace.

It really sucks that they aren't going to do Aliens vs Humans, since that's an "exclusive" feature of Halo 2... oh well. I got bets on a CD key system for online play.

8. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

They pushed back the release date of Halo 2 to April 2004. Originally (which was like a year ago), it was this coming Xmas.

It'll be worth the wait.