Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
We're never going to see a port of Halo 1. I'm hoping it's something a little more strategic along the lines of the original Mac Halo, rather than an all out action game. One can dream.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
We're never going to see a port of Halo 1. I'm hoping it's something a little more strategic along the lines of the original Mac Halo, rather than an all out action game. One can dream.

We could see a remake though. Same story, imitations of the same levels.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
stupid idea imo. =/

Maybe… but even if the game is atrociously bad it will make tons of money, which makes it "a good idea" financially.

Same reason we get dozens of Star Wars games from LucasArts. A very bad Star Wars game will rake in much, MUCH more money than an excellent game based on one of their lesser known franchise (Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones, Sam & Max, etc…)

All that being said. I'm very skeptical about all this. (No logical reason, just gut feeling ^_^)

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Why is this such a bad idea? What do M$ have to loose?

44Million+ NDS in the world and Microsoft is releasing their biggest selling game ever to it. The DS and the Xbox/Xbox360 are not exactly in competition, so its not going to hurt their hardware sales. Also, if people play and like it on the DS, whats to say they are not going to buy a 360? Win, win for M$.

Well done Microsoft I say, its not like their putting it out on the PissP, coz that would be a silly move.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
not that i particular care for halo but the more games the better

that said i would really like to see some footage if it's indeed possible.. i mean ign isn't saying that naysayers will be eating their words just for fun ?

hegor

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2006
Hmmmmmmmmm

Super Halo Bros. Melee?

Halo Kart? That actually would be fun, racing in Warthogs or Banshees.

wowser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Inglaterra, Europa
Happy thoughts!

I read that the DS was close to the N64 in terms of power, so in theory we should get something as good as... Perfect Dark? That'll do me.

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
Like Matt said, it's similar to the graphics of Metroid Prime: Hunters (which I finally beat yesterday :) )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.