Halo LAN game Problem (w/ a Mac and PC)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wifi_cowboy, Jun 26, 2004.

1. wifi_cowboy macrumors newbie

Nov 15, 2003
    Dark Side of the Moon
    I am having a dilemma. I am trying to have a Halo LAN game between my PowerBook and my dad's PC. The problem is neither computer can see the other in the LAN lobby. Both computers have hosted the game, but to no avail in making them see each other. Can somebody please tell me what could be wrong (since both are supposed to be interoperable :rolleyes: )?
  2. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    Make sure both Halos are the same version (1.0.5 I believe is the latest). Make sure you can get to the machine (i.e. make sure the PC can see the Mac and vice versa). The fastest way, I've found, is to turn on Windows File Sharing and on the PC in Internet Explorer type \\maccomputername\yourloginname if your PC prompts for a Password then all is well.

If not then I'd assume your PC needs TCP/IP enabled or it doesn't have the drivers installed for the LAN card. The Mac is pretty much foolproof on connecting to a network, though I suggest turning off AppleTalk unless you feel the need to connect to really old Macs. /Applications/Utilities/Directory Access. Any help with the PC networking can be found via google.

Oh and if your share name has spaces, they should be seen as hyphens on the windows machine.