Halo: Mac SP and AI possible with MP maps?

Discussion in 'Games' started by jessearl, Jun 4, 2005.

1. jessearl macrumors member

Is it possible to play as a single player with AI in multiplayer maps?

I'd love to be able to play Blood Gulch as a Mark 5 with the other Marine characters against the system enemies. Or against other Mark 5's, etc.

2. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

I don't believe it is. this was never an option on the Xbox version and even if they added to the PC/Mac version, I have never seen it. Of course there might be a way to add bots to the maps under development mode, but they wouldn't be in any way smart.
    I read that it was possible to add bots to CoD MP, but they just run in a straight line and their shooting was sporadic. I believe this is also true for America's Army as well.
    Like I said, I don't know.

I did find this after searching Google:
    Will bots be available in multiplayer games?
    No, computer controlled bots are not being added to the PC version of Halo. However, up to sixteen real-life opponents can participate in multiplayer mayhem over a LAN or the Internet.

3. wangahrah macrumors newbie

That's entirely true, but not entirely true. There's not officially a way to add bots to multiplayer, but it's possible.

I don't know how its done, but if you find a real geek, it's possible. One of my buddies from college hacked up Blood Gulch and had two covenant elite in there with us. Those guys were pretty nasty, really hard to kill. I don't know how personally, but if you poke around you might be able to find some hacked maps online. The downside is you have to shuffle around maps...save the original map file, cause I know when I got back the next year and we tried to play Blood Gulch, it was going wacko on us....then I realized its cause I usually hosted, and I had the hacked file with the covenant in it, worked fine when I popped the original back in.

Interestingly, thats how I found out that covenant elite dont really have strafe left/right abilities...just their little duck and slide. Would make you think they're easy, but their not.

Good luck searching and let me know if you find anything good=)

4. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

So in other words, you'll need a hacked map or a mod of some sort. But there is no way to play with bots on mp without hacking the maps.