Halo Multiplayer crashes......everytime.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mike Teezie, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Since updating to 10.3.8, i can't play Halo MP anymore.

I can play Campaign mode with no problems at all. But the instant I try to click on Multiplayer, the screen freezes up, and the sound repeats the same two or three seconds over and over until I force quit out of Halo.

I've repaired permissions, updated the latest patches (I think? I'm at ver. 1.5.1) to no effect.

Also, before it started crashing, i was only getting like ten games showing up in the Multiplaer list. I wondered if I was getting only Mac users showing up?

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

2. nichos macrumors 6502

nichos

Did you upgrade your version of Halo? I don't have halo, but I read somewhere that you must upgrade halo in order to play the multiplayer, since they change the PC multiplayer. Note that if you do upgrade, you will have to play the game with the CD in the drive.
    HTH
    nick

3. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

It sounds like you may have two copies of the Halo app on your box, one of which you upgraded to 1.5(.1), and the other which you are using is not upgraded. If you do not see many games online, then you are running an older version. I played Halo sunday and there were hundreds of games ongoing.

You might also try re-installing and applying the patches one by one (unless the 1.5(.1) is cumlative).

4. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Re-install Halo completely and then update it to the latest version.

5. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

After updating to 1.5.1, I am getting over 100 games everytime on MP mode on my PB, even when I'm on dial up (this gets a log of people upset, though). The game plays very well after the 1.5.1 update!

Like what everyone is stating, re-install it completely and then update to 1.5.1

6. Mike Teezie thread starter macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Excellent.

Thanks guys, I'll give that a shot and let you know how it went.

Now I just have to find the original box with my serial number in it, and I just moved into a new house!

7. nichos macrumors 6502

nichos

while we're on the topic, is there anyway to get Halo to play without the CD, and without a copy of toast?

8. Mike Teezie thread starter macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Alright, guys that did the trick, I'm back up and running.

Thanks a ton.

Now I just need to get this craptacular 5200 out my machine.

9. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I don't think so. Most of these games have copy prevention on them.

10. Mike Teezie thread starter macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I've seen people who make disk images instead of using the CD, but that obviously requires Toast.

I wouldn't know of any other way to do it.

11. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

There is a Disk Image program built into Mac OS X. But it's really meant to back up things on hardrive then allow thing to work without their disks. It's not advance enough to get past modern day games. I've been succesful with AoM and AoE II to get them to work without theirs disk with that program, but most games from 2004 and above have copy protection.

12. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Nice! Glad it worked and now you can play multiplayer. By the way, I'm Maximus online? What's your name if you don't mind when you play online?

My skills got better playing online than playing campaign! I was able to learn from pros (mostly 8th graders?) that play all day!!! My only problem now is that at home, I use dial up, which gets everyone upset. Need to get DSL or cable modem.